Thread: Factory Tour
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #9
Festus2
Site Team

Chartrand
Pat -
I am glad that you came away from your Keystone factory tour impressed with what you saw on the assembly line; and, in particular, the quality control that you witnessed at various production stages.

As you know, there are numerous members here who have experienced problems with holding tank drain pulls that have been incorrectly labelled. This issue, while not major, is not isolated and seems to be a fairly common occurence. It is the same problem taking place over and over again. How is this being missed so often?

Poor connections - and in some cases no connection -in ceiling and floor ductwork for both the A/C and furnace also seem to be a continuing cause of concern in many units as reported here by a number of members.

And just recently, we have heard about a roof recall on certain Bullet TT's whose front cap transistion molding has been improperly installed - "inadequate fasteners" being the culprit.

I am left to wonder what happened to the quality control that you saw first-hand during your tour?

It may be that Keystone has, as a result of customer complaints, improved their quality control in these examples I have pointed out as well as other issues that members have had.

Let's hope that Keystone is listening and paying attention to what some of their customers are saying about "quality control".

I am glad that your experience was a pleasant one and you came away with a positive impression.