View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #11
byrdr1

The foil type insulation is great. We used it one summer on my pop up tent ends and it made a world of difference. I could see how it would work with the windows in 5er.
When we bought our 5er that one request I had, to get the extra AC. we got the 13.5K unit in the bedroom it is NOT ducted and we used twice last summer. First night I had to get under the covers to keep from being cold. I usually sleep on top of them, not the nights we ran the 2nd AC. IT worked fine in the SC hot&humid summer months. We got eh inside down to around 73/75. that was comfortable compared tot eh temps outside. the year before we had the TT with one 13.5K AC I think the best we saw it was 87 inside during the day the AC worked its behind off all day and might have cut off in the middle of the night. One morning it was hot as I was cooking breakfast, I told the wife we were going to go shopping and we stayed at the mall all day long. it got to 99 that day...
I hope you can get it working like you want it. I use a large fan also inside and outside to keep air moving. Keep the all doors closed, pull the shades if you don't go with foil type material.
Randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote