Thread: 100 Watt Solar
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 08:47 PM   #10
Yosemitebob

Actually there is. You can go though the roof into a cabinet and find your way down from there. I went down right over where the entertainment system is, through the roof, into the upper cabinet and then down the corner till I got down to the bottom where it went there through the bottom of the trailer into the basement along with the controller. It was only about 10 feet. You an purchase any number of styles of plugs to have on the top of the roof for hook up to the panels. You rantenna has one type you can look at if you decide to use the boot instead of a coupler. If you know someone with a Lance Camper, you can check out how it was done there, I used to have one and that is where I got the idea. After the plug is installed, add the Dicor and you are good to go even if you have to change out the panel for some reason or add another.

This is one of the first things I did, and I had my camera out, but I never used it

Had to come back to this post to say, don't use a twist drill on the EPDM roof, or any type of rubber roof. You need a hole cuter if not a hole cutter, razor knife the rubber before drilling through, and vacuum the cut hole and between the rubber and plywood really well so you don't end up with cut material between. It needs to be very clean for a good seal.
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote