View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Darin:
If you are going to cut the Coroplast underbelly to gain access to the drain valves and are looking at repairing it afterwards, have you considered buying another sheet or sheets of the same material and laying it over the the section that you made your cuts? You can drill new screw holes or try to line up with the existing screws/holes. I think these screws are long enough to accept a double layer of the 1/4 in Coroplast. You can buy this stuff at Home Depot or other building suppliers.
I have had trouble with one of the long-handled pulls. Went to pull the grey tank (galley) handle and ended up with it in my hand. The whole thing - handle and rod - came out of the main drain pull. The rod has threads at the far end that screw into ???? on the main valve. Can't really see it but managed to thread it back on after putting some Lock Tite on it. Certainly not the sturdiest mechanism around and far too inaccessible! On another occasion, just the handle came off. I have learned to be very gentle when pulling and pushing on these drain tank dump rods/handles.
Not sure about the DrainMaster Electric Valves whether or not they will fit.