Thread: Factory Tour
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 06:02 AM   #5
chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Patrick -
Most, but not all Keystone RV's are made in the Indiana plant. Some are made in Pendleton, Oregon.

I would be interested in hearing what they have to say about "quality control". How many, and at what stages in the production, are quality control checks carried out?
Festus,
You asked about quality control. While on the tour I noticed red tape on a unit, yep the inspectors looked at it. I looked at the tape marks and most things my untrained eye could not even see what was wrong. But they have quality control inspectors all along the way, and the workers get written up for what the inspectors find.

It was interesting to see the line, and a unit at every station. By just walking down the line you could see a unit get completely built because there was a unit in every station. It started with an frame (not even an axle on it) and ended as a completed unit. It takes about 4 days to a single unit all the way through.

I was on the Bullet and Bullet Premier line, and I discovered something new that I did not know. I guess I assumed that the floors were made of maybe a marine grade plywood....NOPE.... they were made from a bonded and insulated floor that was made pretty much the same way the sides are made. this adds insulation, and gives the floor a much more solid feeling. I was delightfully surprised. Keystone surpassed my expectations, that's for sure.

-Pat
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote