View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #7
suza

Thumbs up I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlinrver View Post
Too often the negative stuff comes through on forums so we just want to share our appreciation for the Keystone Cougar factory in Pendleton, Oregon and Bob Pyant in particular. We had called and talked to him several times about little issues with our new RV. He was always courteous and helpful.

We told him we were traveling through Pendleton on our way to the National Fiddle Contest in Weiser, ID and asked if we could stop by the factory to have a few minor things fixed. We purchased our RV from a dealer in Coos Bay, OR but live in the Seattle area so hadn't worked with any dealer near home. Bob made us feel welcome as we arranged a visit for today. He met us, set us up with a technician who got right to work and fixed the mini-blinds (a screw was blocking the mechanism) remounted a day night shade that didn't cover the window, put on a strip of cauling outside and replaced several roller latches on cupboards that didn't work.

So far we have been very pleased with our new little Cougar 278RKS. It is nice to be able to call and ask questions. We might also add that although we live far from Porter's RV where we purchased the unit, they too have been helpful via phone when we had questions.

I wish everyone could have good service to report from their RV companies.

PS: I forgot the number of units we heard were being built daily, but they are pleased to report that they are very busy and hiring more workers. We love to see the industry picking up.
I am excited to read this post. We recently purchased our 279RKS from Porter's RV in Coos Bay. I feel fortunate to live less than an hours drive from this excellent dealer. They are a small, family owned business that goes out of its way to treat their customers well by providing quality products and unsurpassed service. This is likely the reason they have been in business (same owners) for 45 years. I have not heard of anyone having a bad experience with Porter's; Coos Bay has another RV dealer that, I believe, cannot live up to the Porter's reputation. It also pleases me that the West versions of Keystone products are built right here in Oregon. I am glad to hear that you were treated so kindly by the Keystone plant, as well.

It saddens me to read posts of bad experiences with RV dealers. If only there were more like Porter's, there would be many more satisfied RV owners enjoying the RV life.
Bridge, OR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 Cougar 279RKS
2013 F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke 4WD LB CC

https://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/...ps78607eca.jpg
suza is offline   Reply With Quote