View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by F&JE View Post
Steve & Mike, thank you for your replies. The hot water heater is an Atwood and from the literature I have found, the element is located the rear of the tank to which I find no access from within the trailer. So I am assuming the tank must be removed from outside to replace this part.
If your trailer doesn't have the remote water heater bypass, then there has to be some kind of access to the back side of it for winterizing. You may find a small panel held in place with a couple of screws. Or maybe you'll have to pull a drawer or two from a cabinet. On my Cougar, if you stick your head into a kitchen cupboard and then look to the left, the whole thing is there under a shelf. Even if you have the remote bypass, there is most likely still good access to the back side to get at the temp sensors, etc. It is highly unlikely that the heater would have to be pulled to change out the electric element.

As I have encouraged others with the exact same issue, you've got to be aggressive and super inquisitive to find the access, but it is there.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote