View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 12:53 AM   #10
nitrohorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
OKAY, lets do a reset on my previous post, I thought you were adding a TV to the bedroom that had nothing there at all rather than you having power and a coaxial connector there already and just adding a bracket. Thought the rg6 was intended to bring coax to the bedroom and not be the connection from the TV to the existing Coaxial connector.

I have quoted chuckster57 post because I feel also that this is the cable routing and did not want to retype all this. Have enough trouble typing. For now lets assume your working TV is wired like identified above.

Hopefully wherever you are there are some over the air channels. Now turn your antenna booster on thereby providing power the antenna. Go down to the working TV and set it up for over the air broadcast and scan for channels.
If connected as identified above you should be able the view over the air channels.

What I am trying to determine is if you have two coaxial connectors behind the TV that you are connected to the one going to the Booster connector and not to external coaxial connector labeled or mislabeled Satellite Prep. In many rigs such as mine that exterior satellite coax connector is a straight run to just the connector behind the main TV.

If you pick up over air broadcast you know it is connected as identified above and I would pull the booster face plate and check to see if you have wires on TV1 and TV2. I you only have two coax connectors for two TV's in entire rig, then one of the two cables connected to the booster goes to the LR and the other to the Connector in the bedroom. To determine which of the coax on TV1 and TV2 go where , while watching a picture on the LR TV unscrew one or the other to see which one shuts of the picture. If either TV1 or TV2 does not have a coax on it think you found problem. Reach up in ceiling to see if it laying up there and connect if found.

FYI if you had more TV's than two there would be a splitter say off TV2

Now if you do not get any over the air channels my guess is that that working TV in the LR is on that straight shot to the external connector.

Now another way to test this with out changing anything other than take the coax from the working TV and connect to into the other coax connector behind that TV. If it now gets over the air channels you want to go outside and switch your current camp site cable coax to the other exterior coax connector and mark that one CABLE.

Now you should be able to go to the LR TV which now has over the air channels on it, shut off booster set TV to Cable and rescan and view cable stations.

Assuming you have two good connections on the Booster the Bedroom TV should be getting cable

Since trouble shooting involves if this then check that. I am not going to go any further probably confusing enough now. Let me know if you try any of this and the results. Do not think you are ever going to find a wiring diagram.

Good Luck and Sorry about my incorrect evaluation of your issue
No need to apologize. I don't think I made myself very clear when I described my issue. I have to start tracing the wiring and go from there. I have a feeling it was close to lunch or quiting time when they did the final cable routing on my trailer. Oh well, if this is the worst that I have to deal with, I'm doing good. I have a feeling that the bedroom cable may be attached to the "antenna" port on the booster. I did not turn the booster on and try a channel search. My wife was ready to leave, and you know how that goes...... I appreciate your help and I will report back with what I find in case some one else has the same issue in the future. Thank you.
nitrohorse is offline   Reply With Quote