Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
mike&jenny

2012 Hideout 27DBS

Is anyone familiar with or have the Hideout 27DBS? Does anyone have any pros or cons of it? Found a good price on one and we are getting ready to look at it. We have 2 kids and a boston terrier. Which is why we like the double and single bunks.
mike&jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:24 AM   #2
RogerM

I just recently bought a 2012 Hideout 30 BHDS. Had it out on 1 trip so far, 90 miles away, and love it. It pulled easily and the room inside is great. The only drawbacks I see at this time is that although there is a lot of storage inside, it is inconvenient storage. I installed a shelf in the cabinet above the sink to make that large space more useable. I also don't like not having any lights outside other than the amber porch light. A floodlight or perimeter lights would be great. But those are minor quirks that I can overlook. All in all, very happy so far.
RogerM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #3
SIB390

You probably already decided but in case someone else is interested in the 27DBS, I figured I would reply.
We just bought a 2011 27DBS. Got it for a crazy low price! We absolutely LOVE the layout. We have two kids (13 & 18) and none of us are tiny people. There is SOOOO much room in this thing. Rainy afternoons dont matter at all as there is plenty of room for everyone. I am 6'3" and there is plenty of ceiling height. I cant say enough.
I personally dont care for the ridged outside of TT's and I would love if it were about 1000LBs lighter but in looking around, there are VERY few options we like as much. When we take into account what we paid for it, we are extremely pleased with it.

2011 Keystone Hideout 27DBS
2005 Nissan Titan LE CC- Stock
SIB390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
fla-gypsy

I own a Keystone Hornet and it has been a great camper. The Hideout is a sister to the Hornet. Good luck with the trailer.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
jbruere

We just bought a 2011 27DBS 3 weeks ago and have had 3 weeks of successful camping! Love the layout and the storage. Some of the storage is a bit inconvenient, but I just put things that I don't need all the time in those places. A few things I've done/modified:

I put a single tan curtain with a tension rod across the back of the camper (in front of the bathroom sink and run over to above the fridge in the corner. This will allow guests or our daughter a little privacy and a place to change clothes, etc.

I bought the different size wire shelves at Walmart and used them in various cupboards (above the sink for plates, bowls, etc). Also in the pantry shelf.

I bought a bunch of the command hooks for things like shower towels in the bathroom, keys by the door, and my latest invention is using them in the back storage area under the bunks for the marshmallow roasting sticks. I will put 2 up for each stick. That way they are up off the floor and easy to access.

I think that's all I've really done so far, oh....2.5" memory foam mattress cover was a must.

Enjoy your camper! I'm looking forward to a week in ours over the 4th!
jbruere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
desertjack

hideout 26 rls

We are currently into our 2nd full week of camping/living in our new (2011 bought in May 2012) 26RLS. It has a few things I will change when we get back home and near to stores , my tools etc. I will add some shelving in various places as others have already mentioned. Bear in mind they do not include a comfortable mattress (at least they didn't in mine) so be prepared to get a good mattress pad or you wil "enjoy" sleeping on the mattress springs. It could use a few more 120v outlets like around the dinette area. But all in its a great value and very enjoyable camper for the price.
desertjack is offline   Reply With Quote