Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2024, 05:29 PM   #1
Ridge Riders

CSW Series Inverter Switch and the Inverter

My wife and I are new to Rving, and due to some unfortunate events this past winter we lost our home of 8 years. Due to the real estate market in our area at the time, there wasn’t many choices within our budget. So we decided to purchase an RV and live in it full time. We decided to go with a 2023 Fuzion 430, on the day that we picked it up at camping world, we weren’t given a comprehensive walk thru on how to operate everything. Since we were new we weren’t armed with the experience and knowledge needed. We are certainly learning now!
When we first arrived to our new site and started setting up, (not hooked up to shore power yet) we noticed that none of the plugs marked “Inverter Plug” had any power. Double checked that the power was on from the batteries, the power switch at the inverter is on, the reset button was reset, only 1 GFCI in the kitchen marked “Inverter” would not reset. And the CSW Switch would not power up. We hooked to shore power, and found out the 110 plug behind the living rm TV is dead, and the plug for the fridge is dead. We have since ran test with a mobile tech to Diagnose the issues, and he determined that the CSW Series Inverter by Magnum Dimensions is not working, and possibly the Inverter is not working. He determined that 12v is going into the inverter, and power is coming out of one side of the inverter on the back side but the other line is dead.
We have contacted camping world and as we are learning that we would have to unskirt the camper and take it 4 hours back to them for repair. They refuse to send a mobile tech saying that they have none. They suggested we contact Keystone directly, at first Keystone said the would reimburse us for having a mobile tech come and diagnose and then make repairs, so far they have refused to pay for the diagnosis and now they are saying we have to take it back to camping world, run around run around is all we are getting. So I took the switch to them and asked them to get me another one and I will replace it as well as if that doesn’t fix the issue then I will replace the inverter, but Camping World says they have never seen this switch and cannot get a replacement. I checked the Magnum dimension website and cannot find this switch.
What do we do now?? So frustrated with the constant run arounds, since this is our home now and we have moved our belongings into it and got it all set up for living full time its gonna take us a week to unskirt, and move a lot of our belongings back out just to move it 4 hours and who knows how long it will take them to trouble shoot it and fix it. Ive already spent over $800 on just a diagnosis that now keystone wont reimburse us on when they said the would.
Kinda scared to try out the Generator now. We’ve lost power due to a storm a few times and we have lights, and heater works great, so I know we are getting 12v off the batts. But no 110v.
Any direction would be most appreciated here.
Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9681.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	46378  
Ridge Riders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 07:07 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Spent a lot of time in Questa back in the day. Ate the best breakfast burrito I've ever had at the "Blue Duck" or ??? - an old gas station kind of place.

Warranty; an RV is a "recreational vehicle" and not a home. Keystone and all other RV manufacturers don't warranty them as a fixed home. The expect that the mobile unit will be returned to them for warranty work. Once set up like a fixed "mobile home", as in the old days, the expectations have to recognize the difference. Keystone does not, generally, pay for mobile techs. They also do not pay for "trouble shooting" under warranty to find the problem - they pay to fix the problem and that's where your selling dealer is very important.

In your situation your trouble shooting abilities will be very important along with the ability to use a VOM, understanding the power sources for the RV etc......or, unskirt it and take it in.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 06:31 AM   #3
tallen

You should call Magnum Dimensions and ask them to look at this picture and see if they can tell you anything about it, seems it might be discontinued or something. They can also help trouble shoot it too. When I had a Lippert control board go out. I call them 1st and did all my trouble shooting with them, and then they created me a case/trouble ticket, so when I called my dealer, I ask them to contact Lippert and give them that number and it would save a lot of time. Helped me out a lot. Just my thought and I am sorry about the situation your in. Good luck.
2005 F250 6.0L 4x4 Diesel SRW

tallen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter