Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2014, 05:17 PM   #1
unyalli

Most needed option on TT's TH's or Fivers

Boondocker package.

Conduits. In all honesty all that's needed is conduits for wire from roof to storage compartments and from storage compartments to maintenance bays. This tiny bit of prep would be outstanding. For instance in my 326SRX a conduit from a weather proof box on the roof to the area where my power center and water pump are then one from this area to the forward compartment with the batteries would have been a god send.

Power distribution system ready for inverter like the Progressive Dynamics PD5500 Split 50/30 or Split 30/30 and PD6000 for 12 volt wiring. This would be another god send for a dealer or owner installing an inverter.

Clearly defined roof joists for mounting rails for solar panels or even a rail option.

Roof vents, tank vents, antenna, ect... located with thought for open realestate for solar panels.

Rear bumper shelf stout enough for a portable inverter generator and some 5 gallon gas cans.

Larger fresh water tank.

-Jeff
unyalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:21 PM   #2
GaryWT

Might be nice but guessing it is time and cost in the mass produced rv market. The majority of units produced end up going to full hook up sites and don't need the extra stuff. Maybe something for the specialty rv market.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

As someone who dry camps fairly frequently, I can see the value of having those features but I think boon dockers are in the minority and even if they were included as options, their additional costs in parts and labor would make such a unit too rich for most of us.

I just don't think there would be enough demand for them to make it a profitable undertaking by Keystone or any other manufacturer. Don't forget it's all about profit.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:16 PM   #4
grewen

keystone has enough trouble getting wiring done right, lets not ask them to do something new in the wiring department,
grewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:39 PM   #5
rnkburg

My vote for a necessity option I guess you would call it is the second air conditioner as that has been the best add on I could have ever added. I would like some other accessories or options but that air was a must

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote