Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2024, 04:14 PM   #1
Slow Harley

2021 bullet crossfire 1800rb

Kids moved out and the wife and I decided to get a small travel trailer for just the two of us. We bought a used 21 bullet 1800rB and took first shake down weekend trip. All was good until about 9pm Friday night when a whine sound or constant hum sound possible a low volume alarm sound began sounding from what appeared to be the area above the stove exhaust fan where the microwave is.

I turned the water heater switch off and it goes away. Turn either gas or electric switch on and it starts again. I went and listen by the outside panel and can’t hear the noise. I tried searching, reading manual. Zilch. Thanks in advance. I am assuming it’s a check valve but I have no idea where its located.
Slow Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 04:40 AM   #2
skids

It's gremlins!
Old 03-13-2024, 09:42 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Couple of possibilities. My first thought would be the temperature/pressure valve. With the WH off and cold, "exercise " the valve a few times by using the lever to open and then close. Then turn the heater on and let it come up to temp.

If the sound still returns, then open a hat water faucet and record the water temperature. If the temperature is excessive then the thermostat may be defective.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 02:56 AM   #4
Slow Harley

I could not hear any noise at all coming from the panel, the water tank area , or anything other then the area of the microwave. I started to think maybe it was back feed, if that’s such a thing through the inverter. I changed the ground connection on the trailer frame, was rusted anyway, didn’t help this issue.

I spent more time looking around for noise cause and out of the blue I had a V-8 head bump moment. The trailer internal speakers are in the ceiling and 1 is pretty close to the microwave. Sure as rain if the noise wasn’t transmitting from the speakers. I switch the radio system that some how was moved auxiliary and all is right in the Casa De Slow Harley. No more Buzzer.

Be a peaceful camping trip today.
Old 03-18-2024, 04:35 AM   #5
CBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Harley View Post
I could not hear any noise at all coming from the panel, the water tank area , or anything other then the area of the microwave. I started to think maybe it was back feed, if that’s such a thing through the inverter. I changed the ground connection on the trailer frame, was rusted anyway, didn’t help this issue.

I spent more time looking around for noise cause and out of the blue I had a V-8 head bump moment. The trailer internal speakers are in the ceiling and 1 is pretty close to the microwave. Sure as rain if the noise wasn’t transmitting from the speakers. I switch the radio system that some how was moved auxiliary and all is right in the Casa De Slow Harley. No more Buzzer.

Be a peaceful camping trip today.
Just the first in a long line of "weird s**t" moments to come. I really love my trailers and taking them out but they do a number on my nerves sometimes.

TT: 2024 Cougar Half-Ton 25MLE
TV: 2022 F-250 Crew Cab XLT 7.3 Godzilla
Old TT: 2021 Jayco 264BH
Old TV: 2012 F-150 Crew Cab XLT EcoBoost
CBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 05:25 AM   #6
Slow Harley

Right! We took it out this weekend and now the kitchen sink faucet sprung a leak from the base. Lol

Tags
bullet