Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2014, 12:49 PM   #1
wayfun

Maiden trip with our new 322RL

We set up today for our maiden outing with our new Laredo 322RL. We've had it in the back yard for about 3 weeks now and we've been spending the time getting it equipped to suit us. Today we trekked the long way, 15 miles, to the KY Horse Park for a couple of nights try everything out.

I discovered before a couple of days ago that the 12V converter had already failed so I had to bring a battery charger along. I've already made a warranty claim with WFCO. Other than that all is good.

Dennis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	laredo.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	6896  
wayfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
dirt33

Looks good, enjoy your trips!!!!
dirt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:12 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfun View Post
We set up today for our maiden outing with our new Laredo 322RL. We've had it in the back yard for about 3 weeks now and we've been spending the time getting it equipped to suit us. Today we trekked the long way, 15 miles, to the KY Horse Park for a couple of nights try everything out.

I discovered before a couple of days ago that the 12V converter had already failed so I had to bring a battery charger along. I've already made a warranty claim with WFCO. Other than that all is good.

Dennis
Here's hoping your inaugural trip is a great one. Enjoy your time away from home in your new "home"....

I do wonder about your statement that you've made a claim with WFCO. Did you go through the dealership's service department or are you just doing this "on your own"??? The reason I ask is I can see a "disconnect" between you, the dealer and Keystone if you don't keep them in the loop on service issues with your new trailer. Just a bit of advice, keep the dealership aware of what you're doing, they are "responsible" to Keystone for any issues and if Keystone gets left out of the loop, they won't be aware of issues with their suppliers and won't have the data to improve on new orders. That could lead to defective components being continued in production rather than being replaced with items that have improved reliability.

In other words, what Keystone doesn't know about, Keystone can't fix.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
wayfun

JRTJH, I appreciate your comments regarding the warranty. For me it was just easier to fix it myself. It would take me longer to hook the trailer to the truck than it will to change out the converter. Also, I didn't like the idea of leaving at the dealer for days while they order the parts and work it into their shop. I guess I could call Keystone customer service and let them know.
wayfun is offline   Reply With Quote