Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2014, 09:57 AM   #1
fla-gypsy

Keystone Sprinter wide body

Does anyone on the forum own a Sprinter wide body or have any first information on them? I am doing research on my next and last TT I plan to purchase and want to make a good decision. My current Hornet has been a good one and I want to replicate the good decisions that resulted in years of satisfactory performance. I like the looks and specs of the Sprinter 302 RLS-WB so far.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:59 PM   #2
cozycamper

Sprinter 266RBS

We purchased our 266RBS in December of 2013 and really have enjoyed it. What would be your concerns about the Sprinters? Ours has the outside kitchen and at first I thought I wouldn't care much for it but now wouldn't be without it. We started out full time in July of 2013 in a 17'Casita and found it to be to small hence the new camper. The Sprinter is wide but had no problems pulling.
cozycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:24 PM   #3
fla-gypsy

I am interested in the fit and finish of the new wide body version.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
redridinghood22

Talking Wide body Sprinter

Hello...DH and I just signed the papers today for a 2014 Sprinter wide body 331RLS...So excited!!! The living room seems very spacious due to the 100 inch width of unit and my living area has the double slide...we live on a seasonal site in Indiana and will not be towing...we will have to modify out existing deck though..our old rv 2004 Rockwood was only 7 1/2 feet wide so we will have to modify our pad and approach as well....I think the unit will be well worth the effort!!!!!
redridinghood22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:45 PM   #5
redridinghood22

Wink And also...

I love the finishes in the unit mine has rustic wood cabinets and 2 very comfy rockers..I am very impressed with how the unit is finished out...Very high end looking...classy
redridinghood22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #6
schrod
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood22 View Post
I love the finishes in the unit mine has rustic wood cabinets and 2 very comfy rockers..I am very impressed with how the unit is finished out...Very high end looking...classy
If you want quality and a high end look then look at Outdoors RV's. Look at the Wind River or Timber Ridge. With 4 Seasons insulation and thermal pane windows. Top of the line is the Blackstone. Luxury at its finest!!
Keystone has gotten the last of my money. If not this year, then next year I will have a Blackstone.
Only problem is the dealers are all out west since these trailers are made in Washington state. The trip will be well worth it.
Check them out--you won't be disappointed

http://outdoorsrvmfg.com/
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:04 AM   #7
kcschultz

We have a 2013 Sprinter 311BHS. Really enjoy it. No issues other than a piece of trim came off next to a bed, but that was easily re-attached. TV is poor quality and had to have TT in because the connection between the rear SAT hookup and the TV was not working, but that was it.
kcschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:45 AM   #8
GaryWT

I want to go look at them as I like the look of the 266. I have an outside kitchen and when the kids are own there own the idea of the rear bathroom looks good. By the time we are ready, Premier might have a similar set up.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:15 PM   #9
reelief1

I'm a new member and I just bought a 2013 Sprinter wide body 331RLS. I'm going to pull it with a 2010 F150XLT with 5.2 Triton motor. I do have the tow package in my truck and it will pull 9700 lbs. I've done the math over and over and with little water in rig I should be OK. I am putting on a weight distribution kit. Does anyone have the same set up? And any ideas.
reelief1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #10
Ken / Claudia

I do not have that trailer, you asked about ideas, I would look at ALL the weight numbers regarding towing a trailer. Payload of truck, Gross wt. of truck, etc. go to a scale and see where your at regarding those wt.s and what the truck is rated. Check each truck axle and make sure the tires are not overloaded. Ask questions if you do not understand. You may be OK but, saying the truck can pull x amonut of wt. is only a start for safe towing. The dealer should not have let you leave the lot without a WD hitch and some form of sway control, do you have those?
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:50 AM   #11
bdgmbdgm

331rls

hi,

I have a sprinter 331rls (not the wide body) and pull it with my gmc 2500 Turbo Diesel. I had a 2006 coachmen 26rbs where it was pulled by a ford with a triton motor. The truck could barley keep up with the 26rbs and struggled going up hills.

The trailer is way too large and heavy, with all your stuff an passengers to tow the 331rls.

I would suggest for safety reasons, you consider a f250, gmc 2500 or dodge ram 2500. A diesel motor will pull the trailer with ease, as I can tell you from experience.

Do as you wish, but take some advice and upgrade your truck
bdgmbdgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:45 PM   #12
fulltimewannabes

Sprinter 323bhs

Just picked up our 2014 323bhs...taken one shake down trip....our experience so far... Love the room...we upgraded from a 25ft Coachman no slides so the addition of 3 slides, we have moved up the EAST SIDE.... on the down side
we have found that the TT is poorly thought out on the electrical side.... the GFCI receptacles all 6 are looped together (basically the entire living area,kitchen,bathroom and outside) The GFCI is a 20amp receptacle that is run to a 15amp house breaker......that's it... want coffee no problem....want coffee to stay warm while you make toast...problem.....the system can not handle coffee pot and toaster together.... Placed a call to CS at Keystone...got a "Huh"
so goodluck....we really do like the TT but don't know if we can live with these quirks....we spent our little nest egg on what we are hoping to be our home on the road.....still going but with a sour taste right now
FTW Tracy & Kathleen
fulltimewannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #13
KanTC

FTW Tracy & Kathleen,

Do you have the (optional) 50 amp service?

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:59 PM   #14
fulltimewannabes

Hi, yes we do....one thing I left out....we do have a second 15amp breaker....it feeds one outlet on the back wall of the bunkhouse....
Tracy
fulltimewannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:08 PM   #15
sushidog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdgmbdgm View Post
hi,

I have a sprinter 331rls (not the wide body) and pull it with my gmc 2500 Turbo Diesel. I had a 2006 coachmen 26rbs where it was pulled by a ford with a triton motor. The truck could barley keep up with the 26rbs and struggled going up hills.

The trailer is way too large and heavy, with all your stuff an passengers to tow the 331rls.

I would suggest for safety reasons, you consider a f250, gmc 2500 or dodge ram 2500. A diesel motor will pull the trailer with ease, as I can tell you from experience.

Do as you wish, but take some advice and upgrade your truck
I completely agree. I am planning on buying this exact TT for FT use and will be towing mine with my F-250. You might scrape by with a 1/2 ton, towing for short distances and/or moving it infrequently on flat land, but not in the mountains. Remember this trailer will weigh in at around 11,000 lbs when loaded out. Too much trailer for the truck. IMHO
sushidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #16
Festus2
Site Team

Tracy & Kathleen -
With a 50A service in your unit, you should be able to run your heater and coffee pot at the same time without tripping breakers. However, given your description of how it is wired, it appears that this won't happen. If you or a friend are handy with electrical circuits and wiring, you should be able to reconfigure the wiring so that you can make full use of the 50A rather than having to "live with these quirks".

I can see these issues arising in an RV with a 30A service but not with one having 50A right there.

I think re-routing/changing a portion of your electrical system would, in the long run, enable you to take full advantage of the 50A and get more enjoyment out of your RV.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #17
Sprintergal

Sprinter 311BHS

We just purchased a new 2015 Sprinter 311 BHS - we love it. We have had several brands of TT in the past and the Sprinter quality is as good as if not better than our past Jayco and Heartland TTs. I did a lot of research before we purchased this one and I failed to find anything derogatory with respect to the Sprinter. I think you can always expect some little issues with any trailer, but if you do a good PDD inspection on pickup, then you shouldn't have any problems. One thing about the wide body, is the depth of the cupboards - lots of room
Sprintergal is offline   Reply With Quote