Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #1
rtrt94

Thumbs up 2013 outback 298RE

My husband and i Just purchased a 2013 outback 298RE! I am so excited, can't wait for spring now!!!
Anyone have any tips are ideas for things that they use or works good in theirs?
rtrt94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:23 AM   #2
TAZ23

First off And congrats on the new Outback. We bought our 2012 Outback 320BH last year (used it for 63 nights) and have had no real problems with it The only thing I had to fix was a small piece of molding around the dinnette booth came loose ,but I just tacked it back down and we were good to go. I think you are going to love it. The only things I added were vent covers (so we could keep the vents open in the rain) and a digital thermostat for the furnace and A/C. And you may find the mattress is not real comfortable as is, we fixed that with a foam mattress pad that we got at K-Mart for a few bucks. Post any questions you come up with and i am sure you will get answers. Good Luck and Happy Camping.
TAZ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:50 AM   #3
davidjsimons

Likewise, I too wish to extend a welcome to the group. There are many here among us who have a vast knowledge and plenty of RVing experience, myself not being chief among them. Nonetheless, congratulations on your new unit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #4
ktmracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrt94 View Post
My husband and i Just purchased a 2013 outback 298RE! I am so excited, can't wait for spring now!!!
Anyone have any tips are ideas for things that they use or works good in theirs?
We have a 2010 295RE (298RE before the put in the bedroom slide). Logged almost 15,000miles, over 200 days camping and we love the layout. Everything has held up well even with all the use. Earliest update was to toss the factory mattress and replace it with an Airdream air over coil spring mattress. Same one used in high end sofa sleepers.

We love the room and view we get when it's just the two of us, and when kids/grandkids are along it's great. Last fall we actually had 13 people (6 adults, 7 kids) in the trailer all seated while we made and served breakfast!!

2004 Silverado CC/SB/ 4x4 Duramax
Pace 14' bike hauler with full living quarters
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
warsw

Congrats on the new Outback. My neighbor has that exact trailer. Really nice. I like the outside kitchen.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
EcoboostKev

Congrats on the new trailer and welcome to the site! We purchased our Outback 292bh last March and could not be happier! We can't wait to get this season started.
https://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...11_748-1-1.jpg
EcoboostKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #7
Bugsmema

295re

Congrats on you're new trailer! We have the 2011 295RE. Have used it 3 times now. Had it in storage for almost 3 yrs. We've found a couple problems, but of course after the warranty's have ran out. Our table has warped, and the trim around where the TV pops up has pulled loose. Part of the trim around the cabinet edge also pulled loose next to the stove. Took it to the dealer, Keystone said only way to fix it was to redo whole counter top. Trim had been cut to short to begin with to pop back in. Not covered by warranty anymore so was going to cost quite a bit. Dealership glued it back in, costing us $250.00. If you look back in the forum about table warping, you will see a couple suggestions on how to fix this problem. Right now our table is in a spare bedroom, upside down on a coffee table with 50#s of lead weight on it trying to get the warp out. It's not working. Not sure what our next step is. Love this trailer and love the floor plan. I would just keep an eye on these areas. Happy camping!!
Bugsmema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:44 PM   #8
Chris G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrt94 View Post
Hello !
I also have 2013 Keystone Outback 298RE. I want you to keep an eye on the top of the end cap(Front of RV on top). The paint/clearcoat is fading off, and I have seen them on several RV'S identical to yours and mine. Keystone is only willing to pay $750.00 towards a $2200.00 quote to repair it. Other than the paint, it is a beautiful RV. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
Chris G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, keystone, outback, tips