Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
Houndie Dog

Anyone have cargo doors delaminating or getting wavy ?

Hi,
We bought a new 2014 Big Sky last year and the cargo doors had waves and what looked like delamination at the top of the doors. We just had the doors replaced under warranty and within 3 weeks the right door was delaminating again. Keystone said they are not having problems with these doors but are going to replace them again. Has anyone has a similar problem or have any ideas ? I am thinking it may have to do with screwing the hinge into the new door without a pilot hole or something,
Thanks
Grant

Hensly TS3 trailer-saver hitch
KVH TracVision R4SL
3 Basset Hounds "Lucy, Ethel, & Fred"
https://i809.photobucket.com/albums/z...vado/coach.jpg
Houndie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #2
magoorv

Magoorv

The gas pistons that help to raise the cargo doors on our Avalanche pulled the screws out where they were attached so I got the bright idea to drill straight through the doors and put stainless screws on them. They started delaminating immediately after a rain so I would guess you are getting moisture in yours somehow.
magoorv is offline   Reply With Quote