Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2014, 08:30 AM   #21
Yosemitebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
And my 2890RL doesn't... so who really knows
Javi, you forgot to add those really "BIG" 5 slides you have, hence the three camp spots you need when you go
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:06 PM   #22
Mountain Mark

Square Footage

Nope our 323 comes up with 337 +/- sq. ft. Ours worked out better with the length of the box + 1/2 the length of the 5er overhang.

Mark
Mountain Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:59 AM   #23
DWM

I'm sure it is not square feet. I know I have more than 28 square feet on mine. Some have a four digit number so I seriously doubt there are units with over 3000 sq ft coming off the line. I have been told by several dealers I've dealt with over the years that it is inside floor plan length. The first two digits represent feet. The rest is up in the air sometimes it is inches , some times it is # slides or just something to distinguish it from another unit of same length. That seems to come out closer on all the units I have owned or even looked at.
DWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:54 PM   #24
Mountain Mark

DWM, my interior length comes out to 34', that's doesn't work out on a 323..... this is a real puzzlement, I thought that there would be some LOGICAL reason for the numbers.......
Mountain Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:18 PM   #25
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Mark View Post
DWM, my interior length comes out to 34', that's doesn't work out on a 323..... this is a real puzzlement, I thought that there would be some LOGICAL reason for the numbers.......
Your thinking is totally illogical. The numbers are meaningless to everyone except perhaps to the marketing guy at Keystone. I say "perhaps" because I am quite sure he doesn't know either.

It is a fruitless exercise for us to make sense of nonsense. So, let's all put our minds to something that makes much more sense. We are wasting too much of our time (3 pages yet!) on imaginary numbers that have been pulled out of the air by Keystone's brightest.

The folks at Mazda do the same thing to us - not just Keystone. Drives me crazy. We have the Mazda 3, 5, 6 and 9. I can relate to the 3, 5 and 9 as they are all odd numbers. So how did 6 get in there? Does the same guy who does this at Mazda also work at Keystone?

When you've figured out this length mystery, send the explanation to me and I'll create a sticky for you.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:46 AM   #26
TDF5G

I've owned RVs for 20+ years. I've always heard that the number represents interior space length, with the other numbers and letters being model desingations. I've never heard the model numbers representing square feet interior area.

My current trailer is a Cougar 320SRX. 32 ft. interior length. 35.5 overall exterior length.

Most specs can be looked up on the Keystone website.

http://www.keystonerv.com/
Old 09-30-2014, 01:06 PM   #27
WvLooser

The numbers usually mean nothing really. They are thought up by Keystone. My Fuzion 331 is the same unit as the Fuzion 342 with just interior layout differences. The exterior length and interior space is exactly the same.
WvLooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 06:51 PM   #28
BobnLee

Wow Festus 2 was right three pages on the length of our trailers.!!!!! I bet not one of the women posted a comment about this. This seems to be a man thing Im pretty sure that Keystone (when looking at the numbers) posts weights length carrying capacity etc. Im happy with my trailer it doesnt matter how big or small it is its just a number.
BobnLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:01 PM   #29
theeyres

OK, I'll continue to waste pages and say Festus 2 is more or less correct. You can't count on anything in the number other than a relative term. A 24. will probably be shorter than a 27. or 32. Arctic Fox (I used to own one) used actual length but my Hideout means interior length. Who knows now... Just use the number as a relative length and use the actual figures in the stats.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:47 AM   #30
RedOne

I think the model numbers are done with common core math. You can borrow any part of a number from another number to come up with the answer you want.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:36 AM   #31
Desert185

...and its OK if you didn't come to a logical conclusion or have numbers that computed correctly. You tried, so you get rewarded for participation. No demeaning grades, no failures, no exceptionalism.

Model 326, Mark SRX, math-free owner.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:15 AM   #32
hankaye

Mountain Mark, Howdy;

If you want to know the true length of your RV,
drop a plum line from the rear edge of the bumper
and one from the furthest point at the front (king pin),
and use your tape measure to see what that distance is.
Spare tires don't count as they are a temporary fixture.
Model numbers are made up in the minds of the Marketing
folks and only closely approximate the size.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:52 AM   #33
itsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Your thinking is totally illogical. The numbers are meaningless to everyone except perhaps to the marketing guy at Keystone. I say "perhaps" because I am quite sure he doesn't know either.

It is a fruitless exercise for us to make sense of nonsense. So, let's all put our minds to something that makes much more sense. We are wasting too much of our time (3 pages yet!) on imaginary numbers that have been pulled out of the air by Keystone's brightest.

The folks at Mazda do the same thing to us - not just Keystone. Drives me crazy. We have the Mazda 3, 5, 6 and 9. I can relate to the 3, 5 and 9 as they are all odd numbers. So how did 6 get in there? Does the same guy who does this at Mazda also work at Keystone?

When you've figured out this length mystery, send the explanation to me and I'll create a sticky for you.
OK festus2 I am ready for my sticky,the stated modle # is the enjoyable trips that the camper will make in its lifetime anty #s over modle are considered to be nonenjoyable ,as in you had some kind of trouble

ps if yall need anty further help solving world problems just call me
itsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:09 AM   #34
Yosemitebob

Quote:
I know, I know, absolutely, nothing
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:48 AM   #35
Tom

Quote:
We are wasting too much of our time (3 pages yet!) on imaginary numbers that have been pulled out of the air by Keystone's brightest.
AMEN to that!
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote