Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2014, 07:10 PM   #1
bigbadbob17

Springdale 298BHSSR anyone?

I just purchased a new to me 2012 298BHSSR, anyone else have the same model? I am happy with it so far but have not had a chance to spend a night in it as its -15C and colder here now. I am thinking its going to be a long winter....hahaha
bigbadbob17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:44 PM   #2
cabinfever

We have a 2013 303bhssr and love it. For an entry level TT seems built well. Correct on the long winter. We had 21 inches of snow last week. Thank goodness the wind stayed off shore and we missed the feet NY got. Maybe 6-12 tomorrow night, but I will take that over 5-6 feet!!

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #3
bigbadbob17

Awesome to hear! Yah that is a lot of snow, it hasn't hit us yet more just the cold temps. I think the big storm would be fun to ride out, at least for a few hours lol
Old 12-19-2014, 11:30 AM   #4
natedog_37

We just bought a 2014 297BHSSR. Pick it up these weekend. then to storage till winter is done I think the only difference is the tape in the back for the kids.
natedog_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:40 AM   #5
bigbadbob17

Right on congrats on the new rig! Its tough looking at it out the kitchen window under the snow every day. Want to play with all the new toys !
Old 12-22-2014, 05:44 AM   #6
natedog_37

Thanks got it Saturday. Very happy with it. Two issues so far

1. There where 2 screws hold the couch to the wall. Key word is there where
Are these needed? was setting up the air bed to see how it works kids jumped on it and bammmm. Screw where out of the way.

2. the auto awning you can see the power and ground hanging out of the tray.

Nothing big so far very happy with it. And yes mine is in the drive way till we find a place to keep it. I have been in it every day lol.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

There were two screws in the top of the back of our sofa in our Springdale. They were screwed into the 2x2 wall studs. When we were trying to get a little more clearance on one end of the sofa, I removed the screws to slide it forward (toward the dinette). I left them out, thinking that if the sofa moved, I'd reinstall them. We traded the trailer 4 camping seasons later and the screws were still in the kitchen drawer. I'd suggest you leave them out, if the sofa starts moving during towing, reinstall them, otherwise, use them as "ballast" for the kitchen drawer.

I would question how your kids pulled them out by jumping on the sofa. When the slides are out, there shouldn't be enough "give" in the floor for the sofa to move. If they were jumping (or even sitting) on the sofa with the slide in the "IN" position, that's a "no-no". The floor isn't supported when the slide is "IN" and even walking or sitting on the sofa or dinette could cause the slide floor to separate from the walls. That damage would essentially render the slide unserviceable until the floor is repaired. It wouldn't be covered under warranty and depending on your insurance, may not be covered that way either. I'd guess it would probably be a $2000 + repair to remove the slide, repair the floor and reinstall.... So use caution with your slide when it is in the travel position !!!!!

Good Luck,

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 05:53 AM   #8
natedog_37

Ok screws are staying out.

As for them coming out the slide was open and the sofa was open to the sleep position. what I see the issue is The back legs are on the slide out and the other legs end up on the non slide out part. There is a small difference in height and I think that when they got in the bed it moved slightly forward and ripped them out. They where not even 3 threads in Kids are 2, and 5 so they don't weight that much. Not a big deal it is under warranty and really I am not even worried about it. more if the couch is going to move. Father had a Bighorn 5ther and said his couch isn't tied down so to not worrie about it. Was just checking.

Suppose to be 50 today. Told the kids if they are good we might sleep in there tonight and test the heat. LOL

JRTJH thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:35 PM   #9
bigbadbob17

Awesome! But do you have a chimney set up for santa in there?!
Old 12-24-2014, 03:29 AM   #10
Wing-in-it

Our very first rig was a 2011 model. We loved it and out grew it in 2 years. Had very few issues with it. Go easy on the drawers they don't like rough handling. Other than that great rig! Enjoy!

2015 Fuzion 325
2020 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7 HO Aisin
Chesterfield, VA.
Wing-in-it is offline   Reply With Quote