Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
Fastback

Belly cover

Material for belly cover needed.

I have continued to work on my 01 Laredo. Now I am wire brushing the chassis etc. I noticed that some the material that is used to cover the under side of the camper has been removed. The material is a black plastic that actually is built like cardboard. It looks like is would have covered the water tank. Right now it is out in the open and I don't like seeing this. I would guess it comes in a 4 foot wide roll.

So my question is does anyone know where this material can be purchased?
Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastback View Post
Material for belly cover needed.

I have continued to work on my 01 Laredo. Now I am wire brushing the chassis etc. I noticed that some the material that is used to cover the under side of the camper has been removed. The material is a black plastic that actually is built like cardboard. It looks like is would have covered the water tank. Right now it is out in the open and I don't like seeing this. I would guess it comes in a 4 foot wide roll.

So my question is does anyone know where this material can be purchased?
A quick search here would have produced a lot of information on the belly cover for you. The correct name is coroplast. There are a number of threads discussing how to repair or replace it already here for your reading.

Any plastics supply house will either carry it or can get it. I would not rule out your RV dealer as it's likely that they keep some in stock for repairs. If you don't mind using white instead of black, most sign shops use a lot of it now in place of cardboard for signs of all kinds. I am certain they'll sell it you.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
rode2nowhere

I believe menards has it.
rode2nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Coroplast is not expensive, however it is bulky, therefore it is costly to ship. Here is one place to buy it online: http://www.factoryrvsurplus.com/prod...roduct_id=2212

It comes in rolls, about 6' wide, cut to fit exactly along the frame rails of your RV.

The last time I needed some, I contacted my dealer, he sold it to me for the same price as online and had it delivered in the next RV from Keystone, so there was no shipping.

Your dealer may offer you something similar if you talk to the parts manager. I'd be reluctant to piece sheets of coroplast together under your RV. If you do that and one piece comes apart, you may have huge pieces of plastic flying around behind your RV. That's not something you want to happen especially on a crowded expressway with lots of people following you.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rode2nowhere View Post
I believe menards has it.
Unfortunately, the OP lives in Massachusetts and the closest Menards is in Ohio.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 05-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
rode2nowhere

hum, quite a bicycle ride.....
rode2nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #7
Fastback

Thanks for the help. I'll check with the RV dealer that I have been getting my parts. I knew that I had seen this stuff before but could remember where.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:33 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

You saw TONS of it last fall on nearly every lawn and many street corners. It's the stuff "VOTE FOR ME" signs are made of LOL

Some of the bigger signs would be the perfect size for some light weight projects around the camper. Keep in mind, there are several"grades" of coroplast. Some flex and bend more than others. The stuff under our RV's is very flexible and bends rather than breaks. Some of the sign stuff is more rigid and breaks rather than bends. If it's under an RV and breaks if a rock hits it..... Well that wouldn't be a fun repair in a campground.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 05-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #9
Dhuhn

I was searching on line and found this site looks like they sell rolls. This might work for you
http://corrugatedplastics.net/

2016 Montana 3720RL
2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Duromax :

previous
2012 Montana High Country 313RE
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duromax
2010 Palimino Bronco
2005 Chevy Silverado CC 1500
Dhuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #10
Fastback

I did find a place in RI (Modern Plastics) they sell it by the sheet 4x8. I'll check them out. Its probably a 30 minute ride from me.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #11
Fastback

So, I went to my RV dealer and showed them a sample of the Coraplast. They said they had never seen this stuff before, get this, they sell Keystone products. Oh, an this dealer has been around for 50 years.

I did find a place in Warwick RI by the name of Laird Plastics and I was able to buy a 4 x 8 sheet. The cost was $15.00 + tax and it is 4 mils thick. All the had was white which is OK with me.

I did check at HD, they also had some, but it was only 3 x 6, the price was $12.00. Problem was I needed a minimum of 39 x 60.

At this point, I'm working on painting the frame with satin black Rustoleum. I would also like to seal any potential mouse holes etc. before I install the Coraplast.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #12
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastback View Post
So, I went to my RV dealer and showed them a sample of the Coraplast. They said they had never seen this stuff before, get this, they sell Keystone products. Oh, an this dealer has been around for 50 years.
Does anyone beside me find this to be very, very scary?

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Scarey doesn't begin to describe the "fear" about that service department touching my RV !!!!!

All I can "hope" is that they just hired a new part time high school kid and it was his/her first day on the counter. Unfortunately, nobody else was around to ride shotgun for the kid

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 05-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #14
Fastback

Well the truth be known I was at the Part Department counter. The person that waited on me was an older woman (I think one of the original owners) so I did not speak to anyone in service.

I won't say the name of the dealership because I don't want to bad mouth based on this experience. Maybe she was having a senior moment. I try to do that at home so I don't embarrass myself