Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2014, 05:26 PM   #1
Bullet 25

TV rear input access

I have a Bullet 246 RBS travel trailer. The TV is mounted in a cabinet that divides the main living area from the bedroom area. The TV is mounted in a swivel box that allows viewing from either area when turned. I would like to access the TV inputs located at the rear of the TV but cannot for the life of me discover how to release the TV from its mounting bracket. I have seen elsewhere in the Keystone Forums where some models have a mirror on the backside of the swivel box which is removed revealing an opening to the TV inputs. My situation is different as the rear of the swivel portion of the cabinet has a wooden magazine rack attached. It appears that there are 4 screws that affix the magazine rack to the cabinet assembly. The screw heads are covered over with wood decorative bungs. I have tried to remove the bungs so I can access the screws and then see if this is really the way to access the rear of the TV. These small caps (bungs) are easily damaged and I cannot believe that Keystone would produce something that would be that difficult to service.

Does anyone know how to remove a TV mounted in this manner? Is there a hidden release to allow the TV to be lifted away from its mounting as is the case for some mounting scenarios? I cannot find anything on my setup that releases the mount.

Thanks in advance.....
Bullet 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:55 PM   #2
GaryWT

On the Premier Bullet the tv is on a bracket the pulls from the swivel about 6 inches so you can turn it left or right plus get behind it to plug stuff in etc. strange that yours would be on a solid mount that does not move. No sign of a lever or a chain so I am at a loss. Sorry.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #3
outwest

Used to have a trailer that had similar mounted tv (unable to pull it away from wall). It had a small chain under the tv that you could pull to release a catch that allowed you access to the back of the tv. Dunno if that helps or not.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:36 AM   #4
dbrinklow

The 2013 246RBS Bullet has the swivel TV mount with the mirror and has the swing out mount.
A picture would help!

Cheers Dean
2001 Honda Gold Wing (DH)
2000 Honda 650 GLX (DW)
dbrinklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:18 PM   #5
Bullet 25

Swivel Box

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	6531

Attached is a photo of the rear side of the swivel box. I am working with an iPad in our campsite on the Hood Canal in Washington State. Hope its explains a little. I will try to figure out how to upload multiple photos if possible and send them along.

Thanks again to those who have replied.....
Old 07-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #6
Bullet 25

Views:	113
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	6532

OK, I sent the wrong photo in my first reply. This should be the rear panel.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:29 PM   #7
Bullet 25

Views:	199
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	6533

As long as I am at it, here is a photo looking downward of the clip attachments that I can see behind the TV.

Thanks again....
Old 07-15-2014, 12:47 PM   #8
{tpc}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet 25 View Post
Attachment 6533

As long as I am at it, here is a photo looking downward of the clip attachments that I can see behind the TV.

Thanks again....
That mount looks unlike any tv mount I have seen before. It seems though that maybe it just slides into place and the weight of the tv holds it there? Does a gentle lift up on the bottom of the tv yield any movement? What does it look like from underneath?

I really doubt that keystone built it by a guy holding a tv on one side while the guy on the other side screws it down, before securing the magazine rack. Does not sound their style. It would take too long to do that.

As suggested above I would look for a release chain, button or even set screw from the bottom side of the TV. Heck I guess the top too. Gotta be some way to easily remove it.
{tpc} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #9
GaryWT

Looks like it would slide up and hopefully tilt out enough to be fully removed. Hope it works.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:12 PM   #10
Bullet 25

Well yes - naturally the very first thing I tried was to lift it off the bracket. It is tight, with no movement upwards at all, although it wiggles forward and backward a little. So I figured there must be some kind of release somewhere, but I can't locate anything. I asked the dealer where I bought the trailer and they say to remove the screws on the rear of the cabinet, but as I have mentioned I don't think Keystone would build it that way.

Sure appreciate your comments - and we are really enjoying the trailer and the RVing experience.

Thanks.....
Old 07-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #11
Bullet 25

I think I have it. I removed the bungs and the four screws and the magazine rack does come off. There is a rectangular opening on the inner plywood panel allowing access to the TV inputs. The TV is still solidly affixed to the cabinetry. To release the TV from the flush mount there are two Phillips head screws holding the TV to the bottom of the mount. These two screws are difficult to reach and are at an awkward angle. I accomplished removal with a small mirror, a flashlight and a stubby screwdriver. I have yet to lift off the TV (but it is loose) and will put it all back for now until I get the input cable I need.

There could have been a better way to do this, but I am happy that I figured it out. Thanks again to the forum members who responded with their comments which were helpful.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #12
Bullet 25

Views:	105
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	6549

Opening showing The TV inputs.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:36 PM   #13
Bullet 25

Views:	92
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	6550

Showing the magazine rack removed.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:08 AM   #14
camper 2010

The TV should just slide up. You may have a pin with a "C" clip on it or screw holding it down.Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	6556
camper 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:36 AM   #15
dirt33

Thanks for posting those photos Bullet 25. I have the same trailer and have been wondering the same thing you did. I plan to eventually turn the TV to the bedroom side full-time, and install a larger TV for the living room area.
dirt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:58 PM   #16
hankaye

Bullet 25, Howdy;

While you have it loose why not carve that hole a wee bit larger to make it
easier to reach the screws???

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #17
Bullet 25

I finally installed an HDMI cable the other day and was able to just pass it down behind the TV without removing the TV from the mount. The opening giving access to the inputs is adequate to allow hookup. Thanks for your comments.

Bullet 25
Old 07-30-2014, 06:58 PM   #18
dirt33

Bullet 25, I went out and messed around with the TV tonight. Just in case you ever need to get back in there and do anything, thought you should know that once you take those two screws out from the bottom of the bracket behind the TV, you can slide the TV up and off of the bracket that it sits on. Perhaps you already knew this? Just passing this info along in case...
dirt33 is offline   Reply With Quote