Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2023, 04:43 PM   #1
Braylon

Ram 3500 factory air bags

So, went and purchased a new 2022 Ram 3500, crew cab, dually, thanks for the feedback in a previous post I submitted, and now have a question regarding the factory airbag leveling system.

What is the trick, if there is one, to keep the truck from dropping down when I lift the trailer weight off the truck while the king pin is still locked into the hitch? On my previous truck, no air bag self leveling, I would take the weight off the hitch plate, release the arm on the B&W Companion hitch and pull out. When I raise the trailer now to take the weight off, the truck starts lowering. Even if I put it in the auxiliary height setting it seems to drop.

Appreciate any helpful information you have for me.
Braylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 05:39 PM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braylon View Post
So, went and purchased a new 2022 Ram 3500, crew cab, dually, thanks for the feedback in a previous post I submitted, and now have a question regarding the factory airbag leveling system.

What is the trick, if there is one, to keep the truck from dropping down when I lift the trailer weight off the truck while the king pin is still locked into the hitch? On my previous truck, no air bag self leveling, I would take the weight off the hitch plate, release the arm on the B&W Companion hitch and pull out. When I raise the trailer now to take the weight off, the truck starts lowering. Even if I put it in the auxiliary height setting it seems to drop.

Appreciate any helpful information you have for me.
need to put it in tire jack mode i believe in the touchscreen under settings..it will keep it from moving while you disconnect
Old 08-13-2023, 06:18 PM   #3
Braylon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
need to put it in tire jack mode i believe in the touchscreen under settings..it will keep it from moving while you disconnect
I will look into that. Thanks for the response
Old 08-14-2023, 08:58 AM   #4
Raptor 429

Second the jack mode reply above. Under the suspension options you will see the on off toggle. That will become your best friend both connecting to and unhooking with the stock airbag system.
Cheers
Raptor 429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 09:01 AM   #5
Braylon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor 429 View Post
Second the jack mode reply above. Under the suspension options you will see the on off toggle. That will become your best friend both connecting to and unhooking with the stock airbag system.
Cheers
I found that “switch” in the UConnect. Will give it a try in a few days when I hook back up to it.
Thanks