Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2023, 11:35 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by td1964 View Post
Not sure what the Highlander pulls, but I think Ill wait for the pick up...it reportedly pulls 14k, not that I tow that much...
Don't forget to check the "specific truck specifications". The "2025 advertisments" indicate this is a RAMCHARGER 1500 with a 2625 pound payload and a best in class towing capacity of 14000 pounds"

Either RAM/Fiat has redefined the 1500 series truck or it is not a "light duty pickup". And the standard footnote on payload/towing capacity states:

"Max payload/towing specifications shown are for base configuration only. Additional options, equipment, passengers and and cargo weight will affect payload/towing weight."

So, like every other manufacturer, RAM is highlighting the maximums on specialty built vehicles which are typically not what you'll find on a dealer's lot or what the average buyer who prefers things like air conditioning and heated seats would buy.

This may be a "remarkable advancement in pickup truck technology" or it may turn out to be "just another sales gimmick to attract those who don't do their research".... Time will tell, eh ???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 03:56 PM   #22
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjr vfr View Post
And as far as waste disposal...the oil industry, like oil field equipment and refinery waste is mega times the waste associated with EV's and most of it is very toxic.
So although your points are valid, if you turn your view around in the other direction you might see a different .
I spent 30+ years in the oilfield & this statement is absolutely FALSE!
There are so many government regulations in place for any/all oilfield companies that the company I worked for any spill of just a few ounces must be reported.
All rainwater runoff on the concrete drives in any loading/unloading site had to caught, treated & tested before it could be released. And if it rained after the test samples were sent it in & before it could be releasd the process started all over again. This testing was done by an independent company & was not cheap nor fast.
I've not seen nor read that are any of those type government regulations for any of the EV materials, which in the case of the batteries is just as toxic & hazardous, maybe more so, as anything in the oilfield.
I did read that auto salvage yards were being required, or strongly recommended, to build special concrete containment areas to store wrecked EVs due to the ever present fire dangers from the batteries, which can spontaneously burst into flames wrecked or not.
I honestly feel that in about a year, red or blue, the EV thing will either get pushed harder or die a quick death.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 04:17 PM   #23
wiredgeorge

Danny, you have roots up in the oilfields. Saw this some time ago (2022) in the Forbes magazine... have the oilfields in the Permian Basin been shut or affected by the EPA?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbl...h=1d464ce91b89
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 08:07 PM   #24
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
I see these trucks on a daily basis as there is a plant near me:

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/18/elon...-products.html

Maybe one of these for a large fiver?
Wonder what a semi trailer ful of Cheetos weighs? 3000#?
I read a newspaper article today saying the area around the south side of the Salton Sea is full of lithium.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric