Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2015, 06:31 AM   #1
Paul pg

2015 Hideout 28rbh electrical and entertainment system?

Hi, is there supposed to be a manual that explains how the electrical system works, I've a few unanswered questions that the dealer doesn't seem to know.
For example how do you know if 110v ac is hooked on, is there a tell tale light?
What does that loop of coax meant to do under the TV?
We took the tt out for the first time last week and tried to get the TV to find digital TV channels but there was none, we raised the Ariel but nothing.
So I hooked up to the camps cable system and still nothing in the channel search until by chance I switched the loop of coax over, it looks like a patch cable from roof Ariel to cable feed perhaps???? Once I did that I got cable TV but the radio reception was terrible. Does the roof Ariel for the TV supply the radio too or does it have a separate Ariel somewhere???

Jensen dvd/radio system
Winegard Ariel on roof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paul pg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:57 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

As far as I know there isn't any "tell tale" light showing that the 110V AC is on. I just look at the microwave clock to double check.

If you aren't getting any reception using the aerial, you may not have turned the antenna booster switch on. There is a 12v receptacle plate - looks like a regular household electrical outlet plate cover - near your TV set. On the plate there is a small black switch that needs to be turned on before you will get any reception.

The TV antenna does not act as an aerial for the radio. Some units have an radio aerial mounted on the roof while others have a coil of wire that is buried somewhere behind the stereo cabinet -- usually found in a heap of wires laying on the floor. The wire coil acts as a radio antenna.

If you have this type, uncoil it, stretch it out and fasten it to a wall or partition --- it might improve your reception.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:36 PM   #3
Paul pg

Thanks.

Does anyone know what the coax patch lead does under the TV?

Old 04-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

It is "supposed to be" in place for conventional cable or over the air TV reception. With a satellite receiver, it "should be removed, the satellite dish input to the receiver is the bottom connector and the receiver output to the TV goes to the top connector. However, that makes the assumption that the factory wired it correctly and that it's the same connection "scheme" as my Cougar. There are a number of people who report everything from previous owners rewiring the trailer to removing the OTA antenna and replacing it with a satellite dish, so your trailer may be completely different from anyone else's.... That said, the jumper cable should be "in place".... it's there so you can connect a satellite system to your TV.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:43 PM   #5
Paul pg

Excellent reply thanks.