Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
barchak

Furnace cycling

I have a new 2013 Laredo 303TG I just picked up on 11/23/13. It has a 30k BTU furnace. First trip out was on 11/23 and the temp dropped to 23deg. During the middle of the night the furnace was cycling. The fan would kick on, the furnace would light and hot air would come out of all three ducts. After about 10 minutes, the furnace burner would turn off and the fan would continue to run. After about 10 minutes, the burner would light again and run for about 10 minutes and shut off again. The fan ran continuously and the set temp was never reached. There was nothing blocking the return or supply vents.

I took it to the deal to have them take a look. They told me they needed to remove excess duct work and change the direction of supply for two of the supply vents. They noted an increase in CFM at two of the three registers and they are all three at about 500. They said they removed about 6 feet of duct work. This does not make sense to me. Why would a new trailer have too much duct work?

I took the trailer out last weekend after picking up ate dealer and the temp got down to 32deg. The furnace and fan did shut off during the night as it obtained the set temp. I did notice the burner cycling as before a couple of times during the night but it did shut completely off several times as temp was hit.

I read in the following article (http://beamalarm.com/Documents/troub..._problems.html) it is normal for burner to cycle on and off. I am used to working on household furnaces where they do not cycle off until the set temp is obtained.

How concerned should I be about this?

Thank you,
Ed
barchak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace