Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2010, 06:31 PM   #1
fiddlinrver

Smile Thanks to Keystone Cougar, Pendleton, OR

Too often the negative stuff comes through on forums so we just want to share our appreciation for the Keystone Cougar factory in Pendleton, Oregon and Bob Pyant in particular. We had called and talked to him several times about little issues with our new RV. He was always courteous and helpful.

We told him we were traveling through Pendleton on our way to the National Fiddle Contest in Weiser, ID and asked if we could stop by the factory to have a few minor things fixed. We purchased our RV from a dealer in Coos Bay, OR but live in the Seattle area so hadn't worked with any dealer near home. Bob made us feel welcome as we arranged a visit for today. He met us, set us up with a technician who got right to work and fixed the mini-blinds (a screw was blocking the mechanism) remounted a day night shade that didn't cover the window, put on a strip of cauling outside and replaced several roller latches on cupboards that didn't work.

So far we have been very pleased with our new little Cougar 278RKS. It is nice to be able to call and ask questions. We might also add that although we live far from Porter's RV where we purchased the unit, they too have been helpful via phone when we had questions.

I wish everyone could have good service to report from their RV companies.

PS: I forgot the number of units we heard were being built daily, but they are pleased to report that they are very busy and hiring more workers. We love to see the industry picking up.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Thank you for this positive and encouraging post. It does provide another perspective that is often lacking or overlooked on this and other forums. There are people out there who are satisfied with their RV and their dealership - regardless of make or model. We just don't hear from them as often.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #3
rjsurfer

I have the "junior" version of the RKS the 245RKS. My wife and I are very happy with it...great bang for the buck.

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

Another thumbs up for the RKS Cougar .... big brother 290 Hope you enjoy it as much as we have, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:00 AM   #5
floydsheating

Talking Great!

It just shows how keystone cares for there customers! try getting ford or GM to take a truck or car back to the plant to fix them! WAY TO GO KEYSTONE!!!
floydsheating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #6
diugo
Permanent User Ban

Does Keystone still offer tours of its Pendleton plant? I will be driving through Pendleton this August, and would love to see how they build the Cougars---in particular how the underbelly is installed.
diugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #7
suza

Thumbs up I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlinrver View Post
Too often the negative stuff comes through on forums so we just want to share our appreciation for the Keystone Cougar factory in Pendleton, Oregon and Bob Pyant in particular. We had called and talked to him several times about little issues with our new RV. He was always courteous and helpful.

We told him we were traveling through Pendleton on our way to the National Fiddle Contest in Weiser, ID and asked if we could stop by the factory to have a few minor things fixed. We purchased our RV from a dealer in Coos Bay, OR but live in the Seattle area so hadn't worked with any dealer near home. Bob made us feel welcome as we arranged a visit for today. He met us, set us up with a technician who got right to work and fixed the mini-blinds (a screw was blocking the mechanism) remounted a day night shade that didn't cover the window, put on a strip of cauling outside and replaced several roller latches on cupboards that didn't work.

So far we have been very pleased with our new little Cougar 278RKS. It is nice to be able to call and ask questions. We might also add that although we live far from Porter's RV where we purchased the unit, they too have been helpful via phone when we had questions.

PS: I forgot the number of units we heard were being built daily, but they are pleased to report that they are very busy and hiring more workers. We love to see the industry picking up.
I am excited to read this post. We recently purchased our 279RKS from Porter's RV in Coos Bay. I feel fortunate to live less than an hours drive from this excellent dealer. They are a small, family owned business that goes out of its way to treat their customers well by providing quality products and unsurpassed service. This is likely the reason they have been in business (same owners) for 45 years. I have not heard of anyone having a bad experience with Porter's; Coos Bay has another RV dealer that, I believe, cannot live up to the Porter's reputation. It also pleases me that the West versions of Keystone products are built right here in Oregon. I am glad to hear that you were treated so kindly by the Keystone plant, as well.

It saddens me to read posts of bad experiences with RV dealers. If only there were more like Porter's, there would be many more satisfied RV owners enjoying the RV life.
Bridge, OR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 Cougar 279RKS
2013 F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke 4WD LB CC

https://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/...ps78607eca.jpg
suza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #8
diugo
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by diugo View Post
Does Keystone still offer tours of its Pendleton plant? I will be driving through Pendleton this August, and would love to see how they build the Cougars---in particular how the underbelly is installed.
UPDATE: I recently emailed Keystone in Goshen asking about a Pendleton plant tour and they replied no. Then today I dug up the email address of Bob Payant (service manager at Pendleton) and got a similar terse negative response.

Very disappointed---but at least they're in agreement.
diugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #9
Quiroule

Angry

No comments

2018 Ford F150 XLT

Your children and grand-children will not remember what you did for them, they will remember what you did WITH THEM.
Quiroule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:28 AM   #10
antiqfreq

Quiroule,

Sorry you had a bad result and/or response for your Keystone.

I would say that most customers do not have the same experience that you have had.

We like to see about the dealers who give good service as those are who we would hope our members would then frequent.

Jo

ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiroule View Post
Just to set record straight.

Keystone care for their customers! What a joke!

The outside weather strips on both my slides gets continuously ripped as it travel by the windows. While camping beside a FW just like mine, we compared measurements. The slides were exactly the same width; the slide’s holes in the wall of my FW were 1 ½ inches narrower.

I travelled 600 miles to my dealer who contacted Keystone. They said that the warranty is over and they don’t have a responsibility.

Well as the FW certainly did not shrink in the sun, they build it like that and should stand by their products.

So, please, don’t spread the B… S…. that Keystone is a service oriented company.
As Antiqfreq said, sorry to hear about your problems. However, your post is not located in the correct section. This section of the forum is for "KUDO's" (good things to say) about Keystone. You should post your negative comments in the "Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues" section of the forum where people who are looking for negative comments will more likely see them.

If you'd like, I can move your comments to the appropriate section. Just let me know.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #12
Sunseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlinrver View Post

Glad to hear of your good experience with the Cougar Facility in Portland. We have a 2010 Cougar RLS 27, I believe was made in the plant. I need to replace the shower door sweep, and am unable to find a part number to order one.
Do you happen to have a telephone number for the Portland facility, or a way to contact someone there to order that sweep ?
Thanks,
Sunseeker
Sunseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
Glad to hear of your good experience with the Cougar Facility in Portland. We have a 2010 Cougar RLS 27, I believe was made in the plant. I need to replace the shower door sweep, and am unable to find a part number to order one.
Do you happen to have a telephone number for the Portland facility, or a way to contact someone there to order that sweep ?
Thanks,
Sunseeker
Sunseeker,

Welcome to the forum. Keystone does not normally sell parts to customers. They will likely refer you to a dealership where the correct parts can be ordered and shipped either to you or to the dealer for installation. Keystone does, sometimes ship warranty parts to customers, but those are special circumstances and not the "regular way to do business". If you need the part numbers and the parts, see your dealer or see a nearby local Keystone dealer for assistance. You'll have much less frustration and less chance of getting the wrong part (which Keystone does not accept returns).

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote