Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #1
GT2400BH

Mattress Replacement GT Passport

2015 Passort takes a full size queen Mattress. Has anyone replaced the OEM Mattress with a standard Mattress ? With the curve in the front not sure how think of a Mattress we could use.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #2
Jsdigger

when we bought our bullet 251 we got a memory foam mattress as an upgrade,while we were waiting for it to arrive we decided to try a queen mattress 60'x 80' and 12" thick we had at home,it did fit but at 12" thick we kept hitting our heads on the overhead storage and from head to toe it was touching the center entertainment unit.the memory foam mattress we put in was only 7" thick and a few inches shorter,so it fits better and we don't hit our heads.the heater vent between the entertainment unit and bed isn't covered up either.your model takes a 60'x 80' mattress i think thickness might be more of a concern than length or the curve in the front.hope this helps.....
Jsdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:37 AM   #3
GT2400BH

Thanks for the response, my concern for the curve and thickness are the same. The cure might require a thinner or shorter mattress. The 7 inch number is a good place to start.
How does the foam sleep compared to a mattress. I'm a bigger guy and need some support.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:04 PM   #4
Jsdigger

We are happy with it,so much better than what came with the trailer,the dog likes it as well.im 185 lbs and with the old mattress with 2 people on it we would roll towards the center,that dosnt happen with the memory mattress.A good night sleep makes for happy campers....

2015 keystone bullet 251rbs
2012 Toyota tundra 5.7 double cab 4x4
Jsdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 05:01 PM   #5
spicercars

We went to the bed store and bought a scratch and dent serta mattress for a 1/4 of the price and it is very comfortable.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:13 AM   #6
bexparza

Mattress Replacement

My wife and I just purchased a 2015 Laredo 314RE. We spent the first night in it the other day and my wife was so upset about the uncomfortable mattress she wanted her old trailer back. Fortunately the dealer was willing to swap out the mattresses. She loved the trailer but couldn't sleep on the new mattress. And you what they say, "If The Mama Ain't Happy Ain't No One Happy.
bexparza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:03 AM   #7
Lholestine

We have the 3220 gt passport. We replaced our mattress with the 8" spa sensations memory foam mattress from Walmart.com. Right at $200. While not quite as nice as my tempurpedic at home, I have no complaints and sleep like a baby every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lholestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:38 PM   #8
Shadowcats

Over the years we've found a (high quality) self inflate queen mattress to work really well. Lighter than a regular mattress and you can adjust the firmness. The first thing we did with our new Bullet 310 was take out the factory mattress and put in our self inflate. Did have to extend the platform a little, but having the full size queen was really worth it. Sleep well and happy camping.

Tags
2400bh, mattress, queen, queen bed