Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2015, 02:54 PM   #1
jeff_1967

New Keystone Owners

We are taking possession of our Premier 22RBPR on Tuesday!! This is our first travel trailer and super excited to become weekend warriors. We know the first few trips will be full of nervousness but I'm sure the neighbors will enjoy the comedy show.
jeff_1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 02:58 PM   #2
Tumble weed

New Camper

WE hope to get our new 19FB in a couple of weeks. Wanted to see if anyone had any good places to camp near Lubbock Tx?
Tumble weed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 03:02 PM   #3
jeff_1967

Congrats! We looked at the 19FB and liked it but the wife loved the entertainment center so we went with the 22. Happy camping!
Old 02-28-2015, 03:05 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum, Tumble weed

Hopefully someone in Texas can recommend a good spot.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 03:21 PM   #5
rcmlndz

Welcome tumbleweed .
I live in Lubbock. We spent last weekend over at Buffalo Spring Lake. Nice place. 3 weeks ago we spent a weekend in our rv at Fort Amarillo RV Resort in Amarillo. You can also check caprock canyon.
rcmlndz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 04:14 PM   #6
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_1967 View Post
We are taking possession of our Premier 22RBPR on Tuesday!! This is our first travel trailer and super excited to become weekend warriors. We know the first few trips will be full of nervousness but I'm sure the neighbors will enjoy the comedy show.
and congratulations, I picked up our 2014 22RBPR, at a dealer in Louisiana, a week ago Friday.

This is our first "real" camper as well... we had a Starcraft popup previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumble weed View Post
WE hope to get our new 19FB in a couple of weeks. Wanted to see if anyone had any good places to camp near Lubbock Tx?
We were recently in Palo Duro canyon and it looked like there were some nice camping places there.

Palo Duro Canyon State Park.

Our first big trip will be to the Big Bend area, in April, after the 15th and we will probably take a couple of one-nighter shake down trips before that.

-Brian
Old 02-28-2015, 04:51 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

to all on your new purchases!! Your in for a fun time.

Jeff_1967 just get the dealer to go over the hook up procedures with you including setting up and attaching the WDH. My electric jack in the front is a lifesaver. Also, keep track of any "doo dads" that go with the hitch. I am forever laying the pins and L brackets from my Equalizer hitch on the truck bumper and almost leave them seems like every time (thank goodness for the dear wife).

Tumble weed - from Abernathy it's not much further to Canyon and Palo Duro than it is to Lubbock. Palo Duro has much nicer scenery. If you're just getting your camper and want to do a close shakedown trip then Buffalo Springs Lake is probably the place to go. Are you getting your RV in Lubbock? Camping World? I've spent literally months at Buffalo Springs around this time of year in the past and it's pretty nice. It will also keep you close to home and the dealership. I doubt you will need the dealer but it will give you more time in the camper if you only have a weekend or so. Any other thoughts just shout....I live in Lamesa.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:00 PM   #8
jeff_1967

Thank you sourdough! Your info for me was so helpful! They are doing a thorough walk through which I will definitely need. Yes I don't know where I would be without the dear wife lol.

I'm going to make me several checklists and have her double check me but I know I will have a few "jeff" moments.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:07 PM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

You're welcome Jeff. Be sure and take the PDI form from this forum with you when you pick up your new camper. Have them go thru everything. My wife took notes and I used a handycam when we did our last one. Make sure they show you where, and how, to access the points for manual retraction of slides and electric stabilizers. No need to be nervous; you will be like a duck to water as soon as you see what does what. Just remember that pulling a trailer is like having a big streamer behind you.....it doesn't follow in the tracks of your truck so be sure and watch it all the time. Good luck and have tons of fun. Find you a place close by to go spend the weekend and learn the camper.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:32 PM   #10
GaryWT

Congrats and good luck, have to love those Premiers.

Sourdough, you need to get in the habit of leaving your doo dads on the trailer. When we unhook, the pins etc go on top of the battery and the bars go between the battery and propane. We always know where they are.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:05 PM   #11
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

to the Forum From Western PA.

CONGRATS on your new purchase Enjoy

X2 on the PDI list, I look at it as the foundation of a house, spent the time and do that correctly upfront and you will benefit three fold in the future. Bring a friend, take notes, and do not rush.

GOOD LUCK
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:07 PM   #12
JAM2015

The walkthrough is very important. Hopefully the prep/delivery department will have someone presenting it to you that has a lot of experience and knowledge about the unit you are purchasing.

Our prep guy Vaddie, at RVone in Winter Park, FL was extremely thorough. The prep took MUCH longer than I expected because I am not used to having someone explain all the things you NEED to know, and just breeze through stuff to get you off the lot.

Take a pad of paper and pen, ask questions and write down answers in your words. Ask twice if you need to get a clear answer. When you leave, the last thing you need on your maiden voyage is confusion and stress.

good luck!
JAM2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:04 PM   #13
14george

Dealer I got mine from they went through every nick and cranny eave showed me how to put slide out in manually
Old 03-01-2015, 04:35 PM   #14
sourdough
Site Team

GaryWT - My tanks and batteries are enclosed. The only place to put the pins etc. is either on top of the thin trailer frame or the bumper of the truck. I guess the frame of the trailer would be better since I'm not going to jump in it and take off somewhere. Then again, I guess that's why I've got two full sets of replacement pins/brackets for the bars - one in the truck and one in the trailer......
Old 03-02-2015, 12:48 PM   #15
jeff_1967

Great info! They made the appointment 4 hours before closing time because they said the PDI and walk through was very thorough. Fortunately the DW is coming along because she is all about taking notes and will ask until she is positively sure where I have a tendency to think I have and really don't.

I am bummed that it will be three weeks before we can take a weekend maiden voyage due to work requirements. I work in the motorcycle industry and Bike Week starts this week so no days off for a while.

Oh well, we have a lifetime of fun ahead of us and we are so ready.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:15 PM   #16
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
GaryWT - My tanks and batteries are enclosed. The only place to put the pins etc. is either on top of the thin trailer frame or the bumper of the truck. I guess the frame of the trailer would be better since I'm not going to jump in it and take off somewhere. Then again, I guess that's why I've got two full sets of replacement pins/brackets for the bars - one in the truck and one in the trailer......
Have you ever thought about mounting a container somewhere on the tongue, either behind the jack or just in front of the propane tanks? With something like this, you could "toss the pins in" and close the container, they wouldn't get lost and you'd have a designated spot for them....

I have a "battery box" and "emergency battery" for the electric brakes on my tractor trailer. It's mounted to the tongue jack. Maybe it would work for you? Here's a picture:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brake battery box.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	7933  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:49 PM   #17
sourdough
Site Team

Thanks John. That's a good idea. A box like that would come in handy for any number of things. I'm going to look into it.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:11 PM   #18
koko

You will love your Premier.

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:36 AM   #19
jeff_1967

Thanks Koko!

I think we will too. Today is the big day!!
Old 03-03-2015, 03:22 PM   #20
jeff_1967

And she is ours! We will be taking our maiden voyage in three weeks and we can't wait. The F150 with 4.6L towed her just fine. We won't be taking any long trips for awhile and Florida is pretty flat so this TV should work fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	7938