Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2015, 06:13 PM   #21
kguess

I had the same TV for a year pulling the Hideout 19 FLB. My trailer weight is 4200 empty and the Ford pulled fine on flat land ,actually pulled it to the Keys last summer from the Diamondhead, Ms. And had a great trip. I would suggest not to use overdrive and cruise also get a transmission cooler and don't be in a hurry. Good to have you here, have a blast with your new camper....!
PS I got lots of great info on this site because we were rookies too a year ago.
kguess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:29 PM   #22
michael_h

if I may suggest additions such as hatch covers so you don't have to worry about rain, then a slide topper so not to accumulate trash on the slide top
2013 Premier 19RBPR

2016 Cougar 26RBI
michael_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:29 AM   #23
frankenstang

New(er) outback 312bh

We are picking up a 2014 outback 312 on Monday. It was used. But only slightly. Outside kitchen we never touched. Still tying to figure out where to go for our first trip. Might go south and check out Springfield, Illinois area at the beginning of the season. The 312 will be a huge step up from out Starcraft 297bh.
frankenstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:40 AM   #24
{tpc}

I don't have the same TV as described above, but I second the notion of a trans cooler, no overdrive, and no cruise. In mine, prior to trans cooler I got temps above 200 consistently, now below 200 consistently with a spike here or there depending on grade. For me overdrive worked, but now I run in "3" all the time, the only reason I used overdrive is because I didn't realize it. I thought the tow/haul button would keep it in 3 but it did not. It wasn't terrible, but it is better in 3. I tried cruise once, and that was enough for me not to try it again. I suppose if the land is flat and noone is on the road and your solidly in a spot where the trans won't "hunt" then maybe. Otherwise just doesn't seem worth the effort. And that one time you approach a grade and the trans drops down a gear and nails the gas making the engine scream....well that might be all you need lol.

I would get the vent covers. First thing I did before leaving the dealer. I didn't get the slide topper because of cost at the time. But its nice to be able to open the vents and not worry rain will get in. For now I clean the slide off with ladder and broom.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:07 AM   #25
devosays

First Time Trailer Owners

We purchased the Outback 316RL a week or so back, haven't taken delivery yet, it is being stored on the Dealers lot until the end of April, if we can wait that long!

We basically went as big as we could in the hopes this TT will be our weekend home for as long as possible. We are so happy with it so far, we have visited it several times just to walk around and check out ever inch both for warranty but also just to start planning what we will put where and what nick nacks will look the best here or there!

We plan on local WI camping the first year and as our youngest moves out for college next year, we'll see where we go!

devosays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:19 AM   #26
koko

Very nice! I'm sure the wait will seem like an eternity.

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:56 AM   #27
gunner1

We pick up our Premier 22 RBPR next weekend and looking forward to camping in a tt. We have had a pop up for years.
gunner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 12:43 PM   #28
koko

No comparison!

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:54 PM   #29
RFM

Congratulations on your Premier

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	8138I got mine this summer, and all ready we whent to:
Eastman Quebec Canada,
LaBaie, Sagunay Quebec,
Cape code MA USA
Florida

And wow, what a fine trailer, you will have fun, we just can't wait to go to our next trip in May.
RFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:58 PM   #30
RFM

Photos of places

We when from -14 in very cold weather, and the Premier, keeped us hot inside, I was impressed Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	8139
RFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:05 PM   #31
Micah.TX

Newbies from Texas, too

DW and I bought a Passport 2890RL TT and have had one short practice trip. Have two more - San Antonio and Fredericksburg. Then in June, head to New England for 6 weeks. 4,000 miles round trip, not to mention the miles when we get there. Booked RV sites along the way. Tried to get pull throughs (33' trailer) wherever I could. Backing up is a humbling experience. I'm not too proud to ask for help. On amenities, have decided we need sewer hook up at every site. Once I get set up, I do not want to pick up and drive to the dump station and then back to the site. DW is having fun pimping out the RV. Can't seem to convince her weight matters! It will be an adventure! Good luck on your trips.
Micah.TX is offline   Reply With Quote