Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
devosays

Outback 316RL

Anyone own one of these? We picked this out for our trailer purchase and are almost ready to close the deal.

We also looked at the Cougar and Laredo, similar models, but the Outback model and floor plan was perfect for us, seems like a bit higher end finishes, with the Diamond package also.

Just wondering if anyone has anything they want to say good or back about their Outback?

Thanks
devosays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:41 PM   #2
GaryWT

We have looked at them and our friend has an Outback. He likes it but wishes it had more storage.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:02 AM   #3
TAZ23

We had a 2012 Outback 320bh. It was a very good trailer for us for the 3 summers we used it. No major problems and it never had to go back to the dealer for any kind of work. The only thing the DW wished for was more kitchen counter space. Overall we were very happy with the unit until one day last September when we stopped by a Cougar dealer. Hello 334rdb. Good luck with your decision and welcome to the forum.
TAZ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 05:16 AM   #4
penchar

I own a 2014 316 rl, the floor plan works well for us. The only upgrade we did was the kitchen dinette as the fold down table seemed flimsy.

At times we have had up to 8 people in ours and still had lots or room to move around, and had six people sleep in the trailer with room to spare.

We looked at many floor plans and this is the one we decided on, with no regrets.
penchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:30 AM   #5
Marcusjolaine

We've owned a 27RL model for about a year and love it. We're working on few adjustments, we work part time from it while camping, but over all we are happy with it. We also looked at the Courgar with the same floor plan but like the premium accessories the Outback have on it.
TT, 870lbs Hitch, 7320lbs Dry, 9000lbs GVWR, Champion 3100w Gen w/wireless remote.
Marcusjolaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:52 PM   #6
wkdanton

Could you keep me informed on your purchase my wife and I are getting close to retirement and love this tt. Post here or PM me please. thank you
wkdanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:46 PM   #7
ajk170

We bought our 316RL four weeks ago and had it out twice already. We love the living room slides with the closet slide. Ours has the fireplace which we used this last time. It works great but makes the bedroom cold. I find the couch could use some adjustments- the back cushions are a little too overstuffed and actually push you a little off the couch. I thought I remember the Cougars cough a more comfortable. we also got the rockers which are nice nut we really need an ottoman so I wish they were recliners but there really is no room for them to be recliners either. I also found that our model had a bypass to the water heater tank that was not put into the "water tank fill position" - which I would have thought it would have been if XXXXX World did all of the systems checks they claimed to have done. The bypass on the 2015 316RL is in a very hard to find place and Keystone does not put any sticker/label/sign indicating that it is in a spot that you have to unscrew panels and pull up carpet to get to. So, maybe it's my fault that I didn't ask the question (that I didn't even know existed) during the walk through with the rep. Oh well- luckily, we didn't damage the water heater. WE have noticed the refridge doesn't get super cold- maybe 36-38 degrees. we have it set on the max temp. Freezer keeps water frozen so that's good. We have the drop down table and I would agree that it is a tad flimsy but it gives you sleep space and under the seat storage which we liked over the dinette. The dinette does look nicer. Our big selling points over the others- bathroom to bedroom access and in-bathroom towel/closet storage. We hated walking through the camper/coach after taking a shower or going to bed when other people are still up in the main areas. I do wish the kitchen sink was a porcelain rather than plastic- don't but anything that can stain in there. The island is great for additional prep and storage. The other draw back- and it's a biggy- you have to have the living room slides open to use the camper. Other campers do not have that limitation so if you are space confined you need to open this up to use the common area- not eh bedroom or bathroom. Other trailers do not have this type of limitation. But despite a few of these limitations or lack of upgrades on our part or ignorance to the fact- we LOVE this camper!

We did upgrade from a F150 to a F250 Diesel to pull this thing...
ajk170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:03 AM   #8
Marcusjolaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk170 View Post
We bought our 316RL four weeks ago and had it out twice already. We love the living room slides with the closet slide. Ours has the fireplace which we used this last time. It works great but makes the bedroom cold. I find the couch could use some adjustments- the back cushions are a little too overstuffed and actually push you a little off the couch. I thought I remember the Cougars cough a more comfortable. we also got the rockers which are nice nut we really need an ottoman so I wish they were recliners but there really is no room for them to be recliners either. I also found that our model had a bypass to the water heater tank that was not put into the "water tank fill position" - which I would have thought it would have been if XXXXX World did all of the systems checks they claimed to have done. The bypass on the 2015 316RL is in a very hard to find place and Keystone does not put any sticker/label/sign indicating that it is in a spot that you have to unscrew panels and pull up carpet to get to. So, maybe it's my fault that I didn't ask the question (that I didn't even know existed) during the walk through with the rep. Oh well- luckily, we didn't damage the water heater. WE have noticed the refridge doesn't get super cold- maybe 36-38 degrees. we have it set on the max temp. Freezer keeps water frozen so that's good. We have the drop down table and I would agree that it is a tad flimsy but it gives you sleep space and under the seat storage which we liked over the dinette. The dinette does look nicer. Our big selling points over the others- bathroom to bedroom access and in-bathroom towel/closet storage. We hated walking through the camper/coach after taking a shower or going to bed when other people are still up in the main areas. I do wish the kitchen sink was a porcelain rather than plastic- don't but anything that can stain in there. The island is great for additional prep and storage. The other draw back- and it's a biggy- you have to have the living room slides open to use the camper. Other campers do not have that limitation so if you are space confined you need to open this up to use the common area- not eh bedroom or bathroom. Other trailers do not have this type of limitation. But despite a few of these limitations or lack of upgrades on our part or ignorance to the fact- we LOVE this camper!

We did upgrade from a F150 to a F250 Diesel to pull this thing...
Good to hear you pulled the trigger. Happy Camping!
TT, 870lbs Hitch, 7320lbs Dry, 9000lbs GVWR, Champion 3100w Gen w/wireless remote.
Marcusjolaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:29 PM   #9
devosays

2015 316rl

We ended up purchasing the 316RL and love it! The friends and neighbors are like, this is a camper, looks more like a hotel room on wheels... LOL

We had had it a few weeks now, the only quality issue is the sofa tri-fold is great, memory foam and all, but it is not level and the dealer is going to contact Keystone for us and said they should warranty it or fix it.

Can't say enough good things about this TT, it is going to be our happy camper for a long time I hope.
devosays is offline   Reply With Quote