Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
W902

298BHS waste water question

Hi all, Haven't posted in a couple years - mostly problem free with my 298BHS (2009), but now I have a question about the grey and black water tanks. The 298BHS has a toilet and sink for my boys in the back bunk, and a full bath up front for my wife and I. We love it! My problem is that I am not sure if I am draining the rear bath black and grey water correctly. I know the front drain is okay, as there are two valves/handles, and two gauges on the check panel. The rear tanks also show two separate tanks (grey and black) on the guage panel, but this last trip, it shows the rear black tank as 2/3 full after dumping it - problem is, there is only one valve in the back of the trailer to dump (separate dump connection from the front tanks). I assumed all along that grey water from the sink in back just dumped into the black water tank - thus one valve. But why is the rear black guage showing 2/3 full, while the rear grey empty?! Hasn't been a problem until now, so I guess it's not really a problem then? Just wondering if anyone knew if my trailer actually has separate grey and black water tanks in the rear? I know the front has two. Sorry to make so complicated, just trying to explain what I observed. Thanks for any help!
-W9
W902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:46 AM   #2
yzfr699

I also have a 298BHS, 2010 picked it up in september of 2009 works out well with 2 kids. Try flushing the tank thru the toilet hole to remove debris caught on sides of the tank, unfortuantly this tank did not come with a black flush connection like the front black tank. The rear grey tank is collecting the kitchen sink and the valve is to the right of the front grey tank (master bath and shower), just in front of the tire, you will see a 2" black pipe tied in to the main 3" drain. Hope this helps.
yzfr699 is offline   Reply With Quote