Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2014, 05:47 AM   #1
alexsbuddy

Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure for TV

I have a '05 F150 XLT 5.4L and decided to upgrade my tires to something a little beefier to tow my 274RLS than the P235/70R17 that were standard. After doing a lot of research and talking with numerous folks, I decided on the Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure LT265/70R17 121S E. My research indicated it was ranked #1 in it's category, had a 8.79 of 10.0 overall performance score, and a 4.5 of 5.0 review rating. Even though it is an AT tire, most everyone reports that it is a good highway tire with minimal noise difference compared to a P tire. It's a 10 ply tire with 2 layers of Kevlar and stiffer sidewalls. 60K mile warranty. Got them on sale for $204.99 each ($248.82 each total all charges and tax) plus will get a $60.00 rebate ($15.00 per tire). They are being installed right now. Thought I would share in case anyone else was looking for new tires.

alexsbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:11 AM   #2
byrdr1

sounds good!
I just put michelins MTX on mine..
Ouch was the price.. LT265-75/16 E rated .

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:42 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

I put almost the same Wranglers on my Ranger a couple of years ago. They were amazing. Stable, quiet at highway speeds and good grip in off-roading. We had a popup camper in the bed and towed our boat with it. They were great in that application. I'm sure you'll enjoy the new stability the LT tires give you over the P tires you were using.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:20 AM   #4
alexsbuddy

I have had the new Wrangler AT Adventures now for almost two weeks and am very pleased with them. Much better stability, low noise at highway speed, doesn't rollover on themselves in tight corners, much better ride on gravel/dirt roads, much improved stopping and start traction. I am running them at 50 psi when not pulling the TT and will increase to 75-78 psi when pulling the TT. I think I made the right choice! Will find out how they ride when pulling the TT in a couple of weeks.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:36 PM   #5
alexsbuddy

Love 'Em One Year Later

Well, I thought I would do a follow-up now that I have over a year of use and 11,000 miles on my Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventures. I am even happier today than I was when I bought them. They show almost no wear, have provided a very nice ride even on the highway for long distances, have excellent traction (on ice, snow, and wet surfaces), and provide much better handling than the original tires. When pulling my TT I pump them up to 75 PSI, but normally keep them at 50 PSI for all other driving. I frequently am asked if they are brand new because they still look so good. Very happy and would definitely recommend to others.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:45 PM   #6
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsbuddy View Post
I have a '05 F150 XLT 5.4L and decided to upgrade my tires to something a little beefier to tow my 274RLS than the P235/70R17 that were standard. After doing a lot of research and talking with numerous folks, I decided on the Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure LT265/70R17 121S E. My research indicated it was ranked #1 in it's category, had a 8.79 of 10.0 overall performance score, and a 4.5 of 5.0 review rating. Even though it is an AT tire, most everyone reports that it is a good highway tire with minimal noise difference compared to a P tire. It's a 10 ply tire with 2 layers of Kevlar and stiffer sidewalls. 60K mile warranty. Got them on sale for $204.99 each ($248.82 each total all charges and tax) plus will get a $60.00 rebate ($15.00 per tire). They are being installed right now. Thought I would share in case anyone else was looking for new tires.
Of most importance with such a change is the inflation pressure. The correct way to do that is to insure the new recommender tire inflation pressures for front and rear axle tire positions provide equal or greater load capacity when compared to the OE tires.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote