Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2014, 08:24 PM   #1
12 er

2015 248 RKS Bullet

When we were looking to buy I really could not find any negative comments about this TT. I did find that someone had a bolt come up through their floor but for the most part I have not found any negative or positive comments. We are happy with our purchase but it has a few bugs that need to be worked out and I was wondering if anyone out there has anything to say. Thanks
12 er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:10 AM   #2
bellsharbor

We are very pleased with ours. We had downsized from motorhomes and have not felt cramped spending the winter in our 248RKS. We have made several upgrades and changes but are very pleased with the quality of the unit. Have you purchased one? If you have any other questions let me know. John

2013 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2013 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi 4x4
Highlands Ranch, Colorado

35 Years of Boating on The Great Lakes
20 Years of Motor Homes in The West
Now a New Travel Trailer
Happy Travels Everyone!
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #3
GaryWT

Friends of ours have one and love it, good luck.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:24 PM   #4
12 er

Thanks for the feed back. This was the first time we purchased a new RV. Our other RV was a 96 Jayco Eagle 256 SL and we bought it from a private owner.
12 er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

12 er -
Since you have a rear kitchen, you will probably have to take a few extra precautions to keep any breakable items that you have stored in the rear cabinets from breaking. The rear of any RV is subject to more bouncing than the rest of the unit and any dishes you have tucked away in the rear cupboards are more likely to break than if they were in the center.

We use a non-skid material -Scoot Guard- on the shelves and have an extra lock on one cupboard that has breakables. When we pack up to leave, we stuff a sofa cushion in this cupboard as it helps keep things from moving and bouncing about. Another sofa cushion is placed in the microwave to protect the rotating glass plate.

I think you will enjoy both the view and the extra counter space that a rear kitchen provides.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:33 PM   #6
ThePressureIsOn

12 er, We have had our 248RKS for two years now and love it. It's the perfect camper for two people. Check the seat back of your dinette. Ours was only supported by a 3/4 X 3/4 of wood. I strengthened our by adding a piece of 3/4 X 3/4 angle iron.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...highlight=mods

Enjoy you camper and welcome to the forum.
ThePressureIsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:30 AM   #7
grumpygregg

Dinette support Bar

I am not in front of my camper, I am hoping someone can help me out. I have access to a nice piece of angle iron here at work but need to know how long to cut it. Also how did you guys attach it. I was thinking I would drill a couple of holes and just screw it in. Is that what everyone else did?

Gregg & Danielle
2014 Bullet 248RKS
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee HEMI
grumpygregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:58 PM   #8
ThePressureIsOn

grumpbygregg, cut it 29" long and it should be just right. I used four 3/4 inch screws and I also bolted it to the 1 X 2 with a small bolt/nut, (see picture). I figured bolting it to the 1 X 2 would take some stress off the 3/4 X 3/4 upright. I hope that this makes sense.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...highlight=mods
Old 05-04-2015, 11:22 AM   #9
grumpygregg

Thank you,
I ended up cutting it at 30 and it was only about a half inch short. so it worked out perfect. I put 4 screws in and was fairly happy. I did not secure it to the cross member, With the new curved design it is a piece of plywood there. It still wobbles a little but it is much better than just the thin wood alone, and I don't think I have to worry about it breaking now.

Gregg & Danielle
2014 Bullet 248RKS
Old 05-06-2015, 09:04 AM   #10
ellisk

watching this thread closely

I am still shopping for a travel trailer.
I am 66 and widowed so it's just me and my medium-size dog that will be using it with an occasional loan out to my daughter, her husband, and two ten year old boys.

So far, I love all that I see about the 248RKS. I really like all the storage and other features. I think it would be perfect for me. Planning to travel around the US and maybe winter over in Harlingen, TX.

Three questions (for now) as I consider this:
1. Does the dining table let down to make a bed?
2. When the sofa is extended into a bed, I hear you have to crawl across it to get to the kitchen?
2. What price did you end up paying for it. My dealer here in Liberty ('burb of KCMO) shot me a price of $23,900 but I haven't got into negotiations yet.

Thanks!
Ellis
ellisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:12 AM   #11
grumpygregg

Hello Ellisk,
Yes the dining table goes down and makes almost a full twin bed. The couch that came with mine was the jacknife and I had them swap it out to the fold out bed. when it is out yes you do have to crawl across it to access the kitchen but that is also why there are 2 doors you can go outside and walk around.

The 2 doors is one of the reasons I chose this unit. I looked at others that you had to crawl across the bed and there were no options. This way when I have someone staying over I can still let the dog out in the morning and get into the kitchen to start the coffee.

As for price I don't remember what my final was but I think 23k sounds pretty good. I think they list for 28k.

Gregg & Danielle
2014 Bullet 248RKS
Old 05-07-2015, 06:00 PM   #12
ThePressureIsOn

Welcome to the forum Ellisk! We also like that the bathroom can be used when the slide room is in on the 248RKS.