Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2014, 05:19 PM   #1
mijones

Thanks Keystone

The front end of my 2014 Cougar High Country has faded very badly and of coarse it is 15 months old and out of warranty. After my dealer Camping In Style contacted keystone for a second time they said they take care of repainting the front cap and send the decals for the dealer to install. I am very happy that a manufacturer stands by their product and would not hesitate to buy another Keystone product and certainly would recommend their product to any who ask. Thanks Keystone
»One happy camper
Old 10-14-2014, 05:24 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

That's great news! And Kudos to your dealer for pressing the issue.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:53 AM   #3
Scttw

Ya, great to hear ......

The boys at Camping in Style are very awesome
Scttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:43 AM   #4
Laredo60

Front cap fading

Wow that's great news. I noticed my front cap fading as well this past week end. I hope they are going to stand behind mine as well. It's only 2 years old this month. I wonder if any of the other manufacturers are having the same problem with their front caps fading? Not sure what's going on with this?
Old 10-18-2014, 08:35 AM   #5
GBR

Bought my 1st TT from Camping in Style in 2002 at the RV show in Mississauga as I lived in the GTA. Their service is outstanding and they will do what they can to assist in making the client satisfied. When I unknowingly damaged my J moulding at the rear of the trailer they called me and said they replaced it with no charge. Nice or hear that they continue to maintain high client satisfaction.

George
Pullrite 16K Superglide
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
GBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:14 PM   #6
an82cj7

Glad to hear Keystone did something for an owner of there product. I just finished removing all of the decals from my 2010 fusion after all of the decals cracked and started peeling away. I contacted Keystone and was refused any help on the problem. So now I own a pure white trailer with no advertising to Keystone. There loss as I will not ever own another keystone product.
an82cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:03 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by an82cj7 View Post
Glad to hear Keystone did something for an owner of there product. I just finished removing all of the decals from my 2010 fusion after all of the decals cracked and started peeling away. I contacted Keystone and was refused any help on the problem. So now I own a pure white trailer with no advertising to Keystone. There loss as I will not ever own another keystone product.
Good luck with your replacement RV. If you should happen to join the Heartland forum, the Jayco forum, the Winnebago forum or any other RV "BlogSpot", you'll see that they all, like this forum are filled with people who complain about how bad the factory supports their customers. You'll also find that more people are satisfied with their product than complain about it. Maybe complaining is just a part of what makes the world go round? or part of what makes us all "happy"?

If you should happen across a manufacturer of any product that has 100% satisfied customers, please let us all know, we really need to do business with them, that is if they have enough of their product to support the demand.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:56 PM   #8
outwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by an82cj7 View Post
I can see them not covering it under the warranty, because it is a 1 yr warranty. I would think, though, that they'd at least be willing to sell you the decals or refer you to where you could buy them (such as through local dealer or Trekwood's website).

Personally, though, I'm not a fan of the decals. They're just another thing to maintain and all of them get faded and cracked after a few years or so. Same sort of reason that my father didn't like the stick on pinstripes on cars.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:58 PM   #9
Camper1650

Just bought a Keystone product, used 2012 Sprinter 311BHS. I had a Forest River product before this one. I spent alot of time on the ForestRiverForums site and I can tell you there are alot of folks too with the front cap fading.

Great to hear though that Keystone is standing behind it for you though. When we were in the market for either a slightly used or new model we saw alot of slightly used units with fading caps and it was across the board from Keystone, to Forest River, to Sunset Trail.
Camper1650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:36 PM   #10
grampscamper

Seems to be a common problem with all makes especially if it's the darker colour. I noticed the manufacturers are all going to a lighter colour.
I've waxed mine three times in a year trying to keep it from fading. So far so good. Glad to hear your dealer and the manufacturer stand behind what they sell.

2017 Passport Elite 19RB
2019 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
2017 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC 6.7
grampscamper is offline   Reply With Quote