Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2015, 06:07 AM   #1
cdrcos

Exclamation Montana HC 345RL TV problem alert

My fifth wheel has the 40" LED TV mounted on an articulated arm so it can be pulled out and moved around. Found out the hard way that the antenna cable Keystone provides is only 3' long and because of the location of the receptacle in the wall it has to snake around the mounting board before it connects to the TV and thus provides very little slack to the TV.

Long story short: while moving the TV the other day, the antenna cable was pulled tight and caused the threaded antenna mount to break off the TV.

Any idea how hard it is to find someone these days to work on a TV? After a number of phone calls and learning that a Sansui repair shop was a couple hundred miles away, I found a guy who looked like an extra on Duck Dynasty and whose shop was a bay in a mini-storage facility, but he was able to replace the item by taking the TV apart and after 2 hrs. & $75, it was good as new.

Immediately went to WM and got a 6' RG6 cable for $8 and the problem is now solved.

If you have that setup I would replace the RG6 cable ASAP.
2015 Montana High Country 343RL
2006 Jayco Granite Ridge 2900GS motorhome
cdrcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 06:28 AM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Glad to hear you got if fixed Yes finding someone now a day is the key Luckily what you had was not a severe problem, on the inside of that coax connection is a short snub which screws on to the inside of that outside connector and goes to the receiver board inside. Interesting it broke off that easily With my configuration never really had to pull away from the way or even turn.

Thanks for your suggestion and to the Forum From Western PA.

Be Safe and Happy Camping
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:05 AM   #3
Campy

What brand TV is it? My new Cougar has a Legend, I never heard of that brand. It has horrible picture quality and will be replaced soon if anything happens to it.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:24 AM   #4
cdrcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campy View Post
What brand TV is it? My new Cougar has a Legend, I never heard of that brand. It has horrible picture quality and will be replaced soon if anything happens to it.
It is a SANSUI, so far it seems to have a pretty decent picture and works OK. They are sold and Walmart and other places. Bedroom has same brand.

If they fail, I would go to Vizio - have 3 of those in the house and had 2 in former fifth. I have had very good luck with those.
2015 Montana High Country 343RL
2006 Jayco Granite Ridge 2900GS motorhome
cdrcos is offline   Reply With Quote