Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2014, 10:25 AM   #1
RidgeRun

Can't post a thread/post

I am brand new to this forum and cannot for the life of me figure out how to post a new thread in a forum -- except this one.

I want to post a new thread in the "Sub-woofer" category, however, no menu that I can find contains 'start a new thread' as this New Member Check in area does.
I searched the FAQs as well = no information there either on how to start a new thread.
RidgeRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

First, choose the section or category of the forum in which you want to post a new thread. These sections are found on the main page.

Once you have chosen the category, click on it and that will take you to that section.

Once there, look on the left hand side for the words New Thread. Click on that.
A new and "empty" box will appear where you can type in your post. When you are finished, click on Submit New Thread .

For the Sub Woofer topic, go to the Technical Corner section.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:19 PM   #3
RidgeRun

Thanks for trying to help me post a question

Thanks for the information on how to post a new thread. I did try following your instructions.
I am not sure what the "Main page"" is, but I went to http://www.keystonerv.org/forums
I then tried to find a section or category – I found none that I could click on, on that page.
I then did a search for sub-woofers and it brought up this page: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/index.php No place there either to start a new thread / post.
Found the “Technical Corner” further down on that page clicked on it and ‘walla’ I finally found a link on the top of that page to start a new thread – and I posted one.
I have used many forums before over the past 10-15 years; I don’t know why this one seems so hare to operate.

Again thanks for your response.
RidgeRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:04 AM   #4
bato3500

I cannot create a new post either. I can add to other posts but cannot create one. Any ideas? There is no New Tread on any screen. Have searched everywhere.
bato3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:24 AM   #5
hdrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bato3500 View Post
I cannot create a new post either. I can add to other posts but cannot create one. Any ideas? There is no New Tread on any screen. Have searched everywhere.
I just joined as well, I had to write one of the Mods to get my registration fixed.
They were able to get it fixed with in an hour of my message to them.

Retired Army, 22yrs
hdrolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:35 AM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

Ridgerun and Bato3500, If you are reading someone else's posts you will not see the "New Thread" button. We do not have a forum title "Sub-woofers" so I assume you were viewing a post in another forum section.
Click on "Keystone RV Forums" and the main page will open. Select the sub-forum you wish to post in. In the upper left you will see a button marked "NEW THREAD" ... fill in the title and then make your post.
If you are reading someone else's thread that button will say "Reply to Post".
Welcome to the forum, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:55 PM   #7
bato3500

Wasted enough time on this forum. Cannot get it to create a posting. Wish you all happy camping. bato3500 over and out-of-here.
bato3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:16 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

bato3500,

Sorry you feel that way. If you do decide to rejoin us and can't figure out how to start a thread, send me a PM and I'll walk you through it. Otherwise, Happy Travels !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:33 PM   #9
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bato3500 View Post
Wasted enough time on this forum. Cannot get it to create a posting. Wish you all happy camping. bato3500 over and out-of-here.
bato3500
I notice that you have created and successfully submitted a total of 9 posts in several different sections of the forum - one as recent as 9:55 pm this evening.

Consequently, I really can't understand why you say you "cannot get it to create a posting". Creating a new thread is no more difficult than creating a new post. Go to the forum's main page and click on the sub forum in which you want to create a thread. Look for the tab at the left hand side of the blue header column where it says New Thread. Click on it and a blank new box will appear where you simply type in what you what to say. When you have entered the message/text, find the submit tab and click on that.

For more information about posting, find the FAQ tab at the top of the page, click on this link, and click again on Reading and Posting Messages.