Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
ChuckS

Alpine 3010RE Issue updates

Dealer called today and they have my replacement bedroom door to install.. This was warped at time of delivery..suspect cold weather had something to do with this.. Getting it installed next week just in time before our next trip.. Will be heading over to Yellowstone NP for a few days..

Observation... The bathroom slider door between bedroom and bath is held open during transit via a small plastic strap with one snap on it.. Each time I've towed the snap can't hold door from sliding and it will unsnap and slide over hard while driving and come out of bottoms guide. Easy to put back in place.. My temp fix is to jam a couple of pillows between sliding door and bed to hold door open.

Dealer says he will fix when they replace bedroom door.. If I have further issues I think maybe a nice pice of industrial Velcro will hold door open..

Just something for 3010RE owners to b aware of

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
EVMIII

Glad they are getting your issue resolved. We didn't have an issue with the bathroom sliding door on our first trip, but I'll definitely keep an eye out. Have a great trip, stay safe.

Bud
EVMIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
ChuckS

Bud

Just got to ask.. Seems like you did a lot of research like we did and initially had concerns about some of the negative feedback you came across regarding Keystone fifth wheels.. But, if you were like me the more you searched other brands, Jayco, Forest River, Heartland, Palomino it seemed no matter which brand looked at all had negative feedback in one fashion or another...

So now that you've owned the new Alpine like mine are you satisfied? I know I am..

I expect to have a few little things crop up from time to time.. Minor I hope.. But I also think a great deal of it has to do with how you maintain the fifth wheel... I've waxed mine twice since we got it... Won't wax again till end of our camping season but I do rinse it off if we go boon docking in the woods.. Wife vacuums out , dusts, cleans bathroom, etc after each trip. Don't take to long with both of us doing it and then when ready for next trip it's already clean..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 06-08-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
EVMIII

Chuck,

No regrets whatsoever. As you stated I did a bunch of research and went in a bunch of RVs. Fit and finish in the Alpine was better than most and as good as several much more expensive models. I wanted auto level, 12" beams, 7K axels, and a shower I could fit in (6'3, 240). Wife wanted storage, kitchen space, comfort. We both were sold on this one when we walked in.

First trip was great. Everything worked as advertised, everything traveled great inside the camper, set up was easy. Very comfortable ( we are going to add one memory foam to the mattress.)

My wife started planning our next trip before we got home from the last. Like you I am certain we will have some issues, it's a rv, but based on my brief experience and the observed fit/finish I am not expecting the horror stories you hear from some.

I also selected this Alpine based on the dealer, I am confident if I have any issues they will resolve. Here's to many happy miles in our Alpines. Stay safe.
EVMIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:38 PM   #5
Billg

Bathroom Slider

This is my second Keystone product, and first 5th wheel. I spent a lot of time researching rigs, floor plans and additional equipment that my wife and I liked.

My refrigerator hasn't worked since I drove it off the lot. Dometic has replaced the core, still not working, but they have agreed to replace the refrigerator, which is waiting at the shop to install. Now, after our fifth trip, I noticed a leak in the auto level hydraulic system. Also, my bathroom door fell off the tracks during our last trip, no damage to the door, but the hinges are broken and need to be replaced.

I still love my trailer, but seem to be have a run a bad luck with it.
Billg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:30 AM   #6
Justus2

Can the lights be shut off under the entry door (3010RE)?

I'm glad to hear there are other happy Alpine 3010RE owners out there (like us).

Our unit is parked at a campground association in northern Minnesota (Pathfinder Village). We chose the Alpine 3010 RE at the 2014 Camping & RV show, after searching for a new unit for 10+ years and have absolutely no regrets. Shout out to Pleasureland RV - we've been treated like royalty from day 1 and they are more than accommodating to all our needs and issues with the coach (only 1 major issue so far - cracked countertop).

I have a question... has anyone found a way to turn off the lights under the entry door when the outside door is open/latched? Seems like a waste of electricity (we pay for our electric) during the day, but love it when its dark outside.
Justus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #7
bsmith0404

Haven't tried to turn them off, but if you are talking about the strip lights, they are LED and use very little electricity. If you were to leave them on 24/7 they would cost you less than $5 per month, probably closer to the $1-2 range. I personnaly wouldn't worry about it.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:19 AM   #8
Justus2

Update on my 1 major issue

I am happy to report my cracked countertop (main one with sink) has been replaced on my 2014 3010RE. All of my PDI issues have been satisfied and so far no warranty issues.

I recommend Pleasureland RV in Minnesota, and more specifically Nick "Capt" Nemo at their Ramsey location if you're looking to buy. If you need help with service see Mike, if you're looking for financing see Marc Holman. All three of these gentlemen have gone above and beyond to ensure we are happy customers.

One more shout out - Dan from Keystone (Alpine Rep) - he was the first person we talked to at the Minneapolis RV show and was able to answer all our questions, concerns, and explained absolutely everything about the coach.

Keep on Rv'ng.....
Justus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #9
EVMIII

If you haven't already noticed, the clips that secure the straps that hold the TVs are very weak. Just bent one tightening the strap. When I looked closer they are extremely flimsy. Replaced all with a few stainless clips I had laying around and much stronger now. Worth looking at. Stay safe, enjoy.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:10 AM   #10
WaltBennett

Agree with the comments on just about every RV manufacturer. I've been through 6 different varying class units by various makers and had issues with all of one kind or another. Over 95% were minor and I fixed them myself, but for as much as these things cost, you'd think they could have a decent QC program. Then again, a new or used home will have things that aren't right as well. It's all about how carefully and thoroughly you inspect any of them and figure out if you can accept what you find wrong.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #11
ChuckS

We had noticed those strap clips were tad bit light. Good idea.

Also we take a small towel and place in between tv screen and strap to prevent marking of the LCD screen. Seems to work quite well so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk