Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2023, 08:06 AM   #1
daron.mcdonald

Keystone Passport Soft Floor!

Hello all,
I recently purchased (private sale) a 2017 Keystone Passport Grand Touring Ultralite trailer.
We got it home and were excited to deep clean it and get out for a camp trip to test it out….when I discovered what feels like a soft floor from the inside of the door to the front of the trailer. It appears to be physically noticeable only about 6-7” wide from the wall inwards.
There is some VERY minor visible wear that initially didn’t appear to be water damage whatsoever but now that we’ve found this I would attribute it to water.
I am trying not to panic as I understand that water damage is a BIG deal.
The seller is saying “we had no idea” although to me it would be obvious if you owned the trailer that this existed.
It was not obvious at the time of purchase due to less than ideal lighting and I didn’t go around stomping on the floors as there was nothing obvious to inspect.
Is this the end of us?! Are we going to be stuck sinking $$$$$$ into this thing beyond its worth?!
What do we do?
I’ve attached photos of the area - I know it doesn’t give much. But the area is approx 4 feet long by 6-7 inches wide from the door towards the nose of the trailer.

Feeling SUPER deflated right now about a purchase that was supposed to bring our family endless adventure! Paid $21,500 CAD for it.

Please help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3833.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	471.8 KB
ID:	45093   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3834.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	417.9 KB
ID:	45094  
daron.mcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 01:11 PM   #2
SargeW

Is your flooring roll linoleum? If it is it is most likely only stapled down at the edges and the center is just loose. If you needed to you may be able to pull the staples and roll back the flooring to see if there is any wood rot underneath. If it is it may also be repairable with not much demo.
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 01:58 AM   #3
Old_Stevenick

I had a soft floor right inside the threshold of the door for about 6" or so.

I pried up the linoleum and had a lot of rot and mold under it. I pulled back about 2-3' of linoleum, cut out the wood, put a piece of sheet metal in and then new plywood and put the linoleum back. I added ¼ round to the edges to make it look good.

The real problem is where did the water come in?

Here's the thread about my repair.

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=55575
Old_Stevenick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 04:23 PM   #4
daron.mcdonald

Okay…I’ve cut the affected section of wood out (hella thin plywood) and the styrofoam underneath is good BUT it isn’t supported underneath so it’s flexing like crazy with weight on it. Any suggestions for bracing it on top or underneath to prevent that styrofoam from snapping and punting a hole straight through the trailer floor? Only thing under the styrofoam is the weather barrier.
daron.mcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 03:09 AM   #5
Old_Stevenick

I put a piece of sheet metal in the layers of my floor repair. Plywood, sheet metal, linoleum.
Old_Stevenick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, keystone, passport