Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2014, 07:02 PM   #1
Campin_Joe

Travel trailer TV help

Hey everyone I am new to the site. Upgraded from a Jayco Jay Flight 28bhs to a 2014 Keystone Hideout 31RBDS. Just went and picked it up yesterday and we are getting it loaded and figuring things out. I can't for the life of me figure out how to spin the tv from living area to bedroom. I do not see pins anywhere in the cabinets or underneath. I closed both bedroom doors but still can't see how the tv turns. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Campin_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:46 PM   #2
austinp

On my Hideout all I do is turn it to the left (clockwise). Its hard to turn and I think it's made that way for traveling purposes. I don't push on the TV, I use the mirror behind it. I hope this helps.
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:24 AM   #3
Campin_Joe

Thanks for the reply austinp, I will try pushing harder from the mirror side today and see what happens.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:26 AM   #4
Campin_Joe

Just ran out and tried it and it turned as you stated, thanks. I just wasn't pushing hard enough for fear of breaking it.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:42 AM   #5
austinp

When I first did mine I was afraid of breaking something too. I'm glad it got figured out.
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 03:10 PM   #6
Jake stilts

Keystone 31rbds tv trouble

Can anyone tell me if it's possible and if so how to watch a DVD and have the sound only play through the TV NOT the interior surround sound of the trailer. I have a 2013 Keystone hideout 31RBDSWE
Jake stilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 03:11 PM   #7
Jake stilts

Any idea on how to watch a DVD with the sound playing through just the television and not the interior surround sound?
Jake stilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 09:06 PM   #8
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake stilts View Post
Any idea on how to watch a DVD with the sound playing through just the television and not the interior surround sound?
Has this trailer always been yours, or was it possibly modified by a previous owner?

Usually the all-cabin sound system is driven by the receiver/radio/DVD unit. It's easy to wire the TV sound to the receiver to make the TV sound come out through the ceiling speakers, but it requires the receiver to be on. Is your receiver on all the time? Did you try turning it off?

Failing that, look at the rear of the TV. Is there a cable plugged into audio out? Unplug it and see if that makes you happier.
Old 12-06-2021, 04:05 AM   #9
flybouy
Site Team

Not knowing the make and model of the stereo and the tv I can't tell you. However there's one simple necessary step and that's for the tv to recieve the sound FROM the stereo TO the tv. My first recommendation is to Google the make and model of each device with the word "manual". Then review the manuals.

There are 2 ways to get the sound from the stereo to the tv. One would be via a HDMI cable if both devices and the HDMI cable is compatible. The other method would be RCA connections. A "typical" connection would be a pair of RCA cables with a red connector for the right chanel and a white connector for the left chanel. One end would be connected to the stereo OUT and the other end connected to the tv IN.

Hope this helps.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote