Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2024, 01:49 PM   #1
ab8cd

Quick Release for Propane

We are awaiting our new Cougar 25mle. I’ve ordered a propane conversion kit for my Honda 2200i. Does anyone use the propane line on the frame to connect their generator? Pros and cons.
ab8cd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 06:08 AM   #2
Martian

Chances are you will not be able to run your generator from the quick disconnect gas line as that line is low pressure as it is after the regulator. You need to put a fitting so you can tap into the gas line before the regulator.

2018 Ram 1500 crew cab, 2020 Cougar 22RBS
Just the two of us on the roam with our two Jacks.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 07:04 PM   #3
cougar23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
Chances are you will not be able to run your generator from the quick disconnect gas line as that line is low pressure as it is after the regulator. You need to put a fitting so you can tap into the gas line before the regulator.
I thought everything worked on low pressure. I have propane furnace in my shop and it runs on low pressure. I also carry a propane grill in our 5th wheel that I connect to the low pressure outlet on the camper.
cougar23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 08:52 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar23 View Post
I thought everything worked on low pressure. I have propane furnace in my shop and it runs on low pressure. I also carry a propane grill in our 5th wheel that I connect to the low pressure outlet on the camper.
Not at all. Many appliances, outdoor gas "toys" will not operate on the low output from your QD connection. Another thing to consider is that all regulators do not "regulate" to the same flow. I don't, and can't, run my Camp Chef cooktops off my qd because it can pull 60k btus...the regulator cannot run that with anything else - so it runs off of its own LP tank and regulator.
I've never had a propane grill that I find acceptable to run off the qd. If it's over about 8 - 10k btu the grill will start to be "starved" for fuel at higher fuel requests - I don't like grills that run in the 8k range.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 12:54 PM   #5
Bliss53

The propane conversion systems kit includes a specialized regulator that connects directly to a propane tank. The system will not run on the gas pressure coming from the standard rv regulator on the top of your tanks. You could use one of tanks for the generator and one tank for the trailer gas appliances. I looked into the propane option but decided to use two honda eu2200 in tandem with gasoline for the few nights we do not have hook ups.
Bliss53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 10:20 AM   #6
Hideout17rb

Just get a 'Y' connector that splits from the tank outlet.
$16 at evil Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/DOZYANT-Propa...zcF9hdGY&psc=1
Hideout17rb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane