Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2014, 05:07 PM   #1
GmaPaTime

No More High Country Package!!!!

While placing our order for the 29RLI with the High Country Package we were told that that package is no longer available on new 2015 production orders. Instead, it was replaced with the "Executive Package". Basically the same with the exceptions of no grill and MaxAir vents. But included now are all LED interior lights.
We don't really care about the grill but the vents would of been nice I think. Looking on the bright side of it though- no pun intended, the LED lights are good.
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
GmaPaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The Weber grill, as I understand it from previous posts, is an electric grill, so I'm not sure that it would be functional for most camping. The X Lite series, as far as I know, doesn't have a 50 amp availability, so adding an electric grill will further impact the usability of the rest of the electrical system.

Deleting the grill is probably a "win" for customers, LED lights are definitely a bright spot in the package (pun intended).

I haven't heard about a change in package names, but it wouldn't surprise me if Cougar tried to separate the X Lite series from the Cougar series by changing up some of the features and names of packages. Getting them to be too "much alike" would muddy the sales and ordering. Sort of, "Why pay for a Cougar High Country if you can buy the same features in an X Lite for $5000 less... "Beginners" seldom look at frames, tires, hidden features, rather just look at the names of packages and RV brands. A Cougar is a Cougar.... or is it ????

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:15 AM   #3
GmaPaTime

The 50 amp does come with the X-Lite as a standard...
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
Old 08-23-2014, 03:48 AM   #4
Fishhawk

Yup
We just ordered our 29RLI with Executive package
and found out the same things

We've had our own little camping Weber for years , so gladly will trade grill for awning lights

Also was told that the "Clay" color is standard on Executive package instead of an option as it was on the HC

50 amp is standard

We are ready to get our 29RLI and head out on a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmaPaTime View Post
While placing our order for the 29RLI with the High Country Package we were told that that package is no longer available on new 2015 production orders. Instead, it was replaced with the "Executive Package". Basically the same with the exceptions of no grill and MaxAir vents. But included now are all LED interior lights.
We don't really care about the grill but the vents would of been nice I think. Looking on the bright side of it though- no pun intended, the LED lights are good.
2- guitars
Fishing stuff
Fishhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:17 AM   #5
GmaPaTime

Same here Fishhawk.... Like I said, the grill I didn't care about. Coleman's Roadtrip XLE is so much better. When are they saying you'll have yours? We're being told end of September first part of October. We did a lot of research prior to selecting the RLI. Seems like to us the best choice.

Enjoy and look forward to your review once received.
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
Old 08-23-2014, 11:54 AM   #6
Fishhawk

Hi guys

Like yourselves, we have researched campers for a long time

Then Several
Blurry eyes and tired brains later.... And maybe a sip or 2 of our fav wine
We decided on the 29RLI

We are very excited about receiving our toy and heading off camping

Our dealer had one on order but we were in time to make a few changes we wanted

Hopefully ours will be here in late Sept

Don't hesitate to PM us
We would enjoy it a lot!!

Thanks for adding us to your Friends list
We added you folks as well

Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmaPaTime View Post
Same here Fishhawk.... Like I said, the grill I didn't care about. Coleman's Roadtrip XLE is so much better. When are they saying you'll have yours? We're being told end of September first part of October. We did a lot of research prior to selecting the RLI. Seems like to us the best choice.

Enjoy and look forward to your review once received.
2- guitars
Fishing stuff
Fishhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:22 PM   #7
GmaPaTime

After all my research, my DW went threw a few BOTTLES of wine before deciding on the RLI. Hope to meet up someday camping. I have relatives in Little Rock, so we'll keep in touch.
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI