Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2014, 11:41 AM   #1
woodwork1955

Exclamation Grey water dump

I dumped my grey water tank to our sewer and checked my tanks. It seems I have two grey water tanks...where does the other one dump? I have a black water dump handle and a grew water handle.
Thanks in advance.
2007 Keystone Challenger.
woodwork1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:38 PM   #2
instymp

Gray, galley & Black?
instymp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwork1955 View Post
I dumped my grey water tank to our sewer and checked my tanks. It seems I have two grey water tanks...where does the other one dump? I have a black water dump handle and a grew water handle.
Thanks in advance.
2007 Keystone Challenger.
If you can only find 2 dump handles outside, then you only have two tanks total 1- black and other 1- gray. Kitchen sink and bathroom sink into gray

Can not go by lights on panel, same Panel is used for different models.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:14 PM   #4
webslave

You may have two gray tanks if it is like my 318SAB... The bathroom gray tank valve is located next to the black tank valve, but... The kitchen has its own gray tank and its valve is located just in front of the forward wheel, up under the edge of the trailer. There is a long pipe tucked under the trailer that carries that gray water down to the common outlet.

Not familiar with your particular trailer, but, on longer trailers it isn't uncommon to have another gray tank and valve located elsewhere, as my 318SAB does.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin

2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
Built in brake controller and exhaust brake
Tri Glide TrailAir Pinbox / B&W Companion Hitch
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:06 AM   #5
woodwork1955

Kitchen grey water tank

Thanks everyone, I found the t-handle for the kitchen grey water tank in a small compartment next to the shore power of all places.
woodwork1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:14 AM   #6
Pmedic4

They purposely hide one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwork1955 View Post
Thanks everyone, I found the t-handle for the kitchen grey water tank in a small compartment next to the shore power of all places.
My galley tank valve was hidden in the wheel well area, and it's a black t-handle, mounted right next to the frame, and blends in great with the black frame. Took about an hour at the dump station to find it, so your not alone in the quest for the mysterious second gray water valve!

Of course the DW goes, didn't you pay attention during the PDI walkthru? And your so overloaded with information by the time you get outside of the RV, your lucky you remember your DW's name.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:47 AM   #7
renespradlin

Outback 30frks where is grey water pull?

We purchased a 2005 Outback 30frks---have located 2 tanks (black & grey) but cannot locate the pull for the sink area. Seems to be a common issue on Keystone models. Would appreciate some input here, and quick---as we are currently camping.
renespradlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:36 PM   #8
Exsailor

Mine is behind the DS wheels? Someone at keystone played a cruel joke.

Exsailor from MS
2008 35 Ft Montana
2012 GMC Duramax Diesel
Exsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:31 PM   #9
Festus2
Site Team

Since you have a rear kitchen, I would look at the rear of the RV for the pull. While our units are not the same, they both have a rear kitchen and our galley pull is tucked in behind the rear wheel on the driver's side.

It is possible that the pull handle and rod have actually been "pulled off" and it is no longer there. There should, however, be an opening in the coroplast where the rod comes out from the valve. The rod has a threaded end which screws into the pull valve mechanism. You may have to cut a slit in the coroplast and peel enough back so you can see the valve.

Replacement rods and handles can be bought at most RV supply retailers - including CW.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:06 PM   #10
hankpage
Site Team

On my RK model the galley tee handle is just to the rear of the slide out, but it is way under and hard to see without crawling on the ground. I guess that location looked good on the drawing board!!!!
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:21 PM   #11
rayjoanlough

Mstah Festus and Hankpage, I am on my second replacement of the kichen greytank handle. Some engineer put the handle behind the rear axle under the slide out All the handle is a 3/4 threaded rod with 20 threads per inch. The handle is metal ad can be bought at any rv supply or hardware store. Found this to be cheaper than CW!
Just my humble junior opinion
rayjoanlough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:50 PM   #12
hankaye

Howdy All;

Looks like I had the luck of the draw ... the pull for my
Galley tank is right where the 1.5" line joins the rest ...
just under the front corner of the slide. , ,

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:17 AM   #13
renespradlin

Thanks for replies on dump location

We were camping at the time we needed to find the dump for the kitchen grey water. After many calls to many dealers, we finally reached a live person. They told us to feel along the frame of the RV. We did that and finally found the kitchen grey water dump near the wheels. (No thanks to Keystone!!!) At least we now know where all 3 dumps are located. It "was" a cruel joke for sure! Nothing like having your tank 2/3 full and going into full blown panic because you can't find the dump release.
renespradlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #14
WaltBennett

Don't feel badly about your dealer - I don't think ANY of them have a clue about that second grey tank handle. I was never told anything about ours and never thought to ask, even though they really are a relatively good RV dealer. I only realized something was going on when the LED for the second tank showed full after I'd dumped what I thought was everything. Took a lot of looking around until I found the handle - just in front of the street side front tire on the frame, but underneath the kitchen slide. Can't get to it while the slide's out unless I crawl on the ground, so I only dump it when we're ready to leave somewhere.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:08 PM   #15
Desert185

I asked the dealer what that extra dump handle was for and they didn't know. It turns out its for the galley. The Keystone owner's manual online is generic and not specific to a particular model. I find that odd.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #16
Bushman512000

You found it!

How to keep the rod I used some lock tight that worked for Me and I moved the valve also and extended the rod so I can reach it the old valve is still there but remains open at all times I removed the handle from that one...
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:01 AM   #17
Pmedic4

Us too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by renespradlin View Post
We were camping at the time we needed to find the dump for the kitchen grey water. After many calls to many dealers, we finally reached a live person. They told us to feel along the frame of the RV. We did that and finally found the kitchen grey water dump near the wheels. (No thanks to Keystone!!!) At least we now know where all 3 dumps are located. It "was" a cruel joke for sure! Nothing like having your tank 2/3 full and going into full blown panic because you can't find the dump release.
We'd used our RV about 3-4 times, and then one day, DW says, the sink is clogged up! We'd noticed the 2 Gray water gauges, but thought they might just be a common panel, and not all RV's had 2 GW tanks - until the urgent news from my wife. To confuse it more, she said when I drained some water in the vanity sink, the water came up in the kitchen sink, so we assumed we only had one GW tank/valve. Then we figured we have 2 tanks, but the real question now was, where is the second pull knob? I'm crawling around on the ground, and don't see a darn thing!!!!!

Finally, standing there looking at the labels for the valves we knew about, there is this tiny little sticker, which has GW valve... Still took me about 10 minutes to find it, right on the frame, the small black knob. Paint the darn thing WHITE!

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:15 AM   #18
Desert185

A model specific owner's manual would solve that problem. Apparently, even the dealers don't understand the systems. Imagine buying a car or an airplane in a similar fashion.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:36 AM   #19
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
A model specific owner's manual would solve that problem. Apparently, even the dealers don't understand the systems. Imagine buying a car or an airplane in a similar fashion.

I haven't seen a model specific owners manual for any make/model of RV. Too many different, but all have pretty much the same things, ie fridge, heater, A/C etc.

What SHOULD have happened is the dealer should have given a proper demonstration of the unit, pointing out the location of any/all tank drains before letting the unit leave.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:42 AM   #20
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
I haven't seen a model specific owners manual for any make/model of RV. Too many different, but all have pretty much the same things, ie fridge, heater, A/C etc.

What SHOULD have happened is the dealer should have given a proper demonstration of the unit, pointing out the location of any/all tank drains before letting the unit leave.
That would require the dealer to actually know how many and where the dump valves are... I had to show the guy doing our PDI where the valves were and that they were mislabeled.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote