Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2015, 08:17 PM   #21
Signguy71

I use the Condor as well, but it is not mounted. I just put it against the back wall of the garage and use four straps. Never had a problem.

I also own a fuzion 300 and the only issue I had was to replace the LEDs in the awning as a few didn't work.
Signguy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:19 PM   #22
Bman916
Permanent User Ban

I'm new to a large TH too, one thing I'm learning on this fourm about towing is..... I'll never say again what I'm pulling mine with again! Lol. I posted what I was towing with and the research I did, but it was a bad idea to share. I got blasted by a lot of folks, but would get messages from a lot of others pulling with the same loads and truck size I have..... When I asked one person in a reply why he sent me this in a message rather than posting here.... He said " did you not see the beating you just took?!?!?"

On my next RV I'll be getting a bigger truck and going to rvdirect to have one built with the options I want. I called to have my carbon priced out and it would have saved me 10,200.00 had I known about them.... Although I would have to drive to the east coast to pick it up...

Good luck! And hit the scale the second you drive it off the lot
Bman916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:29 AM   #23
DennisAlb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueknightWI View Post
Gentlemen, I've been reading today about a group of disgruntled owners of various Keystone RVs. I've never owner a Keystone, but I've had a Dutchmen TT and now own a Forest River Rockwood TT. This other group on Facebook makes it sound like quality and craftsmanship-and especially the company standing behind their product are all sorely lacking. Any input is appreciated. Haven't bought yet. I do know that our local dealer that used to handle Keystone dropped them last summer. I will check into why tomorrow.
I purchased a 2015 Keystone 311 in July of last year and love this toy hauler! I have really had no issues with this trailer at all and everything is working great!

Dennis
DennisAlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:25 PM   #24
BlueknightWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisAlb View Post
I purchased a 2015 Keystone 311 in July of last year and love this toy hauler! I have really had no issues with this trailer at all and everything is working great!

Dennis
Thank you, Dennis. I've checked out the dealer, and they rate highly from everyone I've spoken with.
BlueknightWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:31 AM   #25
dave-g

all rv manufactures have problems with quality. Why money! rv sell on price- people will travel 1000 miles to save $5000 from a dealer with a bad reputation- who needs to catch all the manufacture mistakes. Finding a quality dealer should be your number one concern.

I have a friend with a $350,000+ motor home- he has had more problems then I have with my cougar.

As for tires-A tire pressure monitor is a great investment. And all ways follow pressure on trailer sticker if it has original size tires.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:21 PM   #26
aksilvy1

BlueKnight i have a 2014 Impact 311 with a 2012 duramax and ride rite airbags. You will pull it just fine. As for the 311 we haven't had any major issues with it and we are pretty satisfied with it. Got any questions about it let me know
aksilvy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:51 AM   #27
BlueknightWI

Thanks guys. I ordered the Air Lift 5000 suspension kit with compressor. Should be here tomorrow. I also ordered the Superglide 16K hitch to go on my Industry Standard rails. Hopefully, next week we will have what we want. Does anyone have any information on All Season's RV and/or Lakshore RV in Muskegon, MI? Their prices are great compared to what is here in WI. If I get everything installed this week yet, we hope to go get a TH next week on vacation.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:14 AM   #28
Major105bc

I installed Firestone airbags in my Chevy 3500HD dually. Helps level the load. My carbon 357 has heavy pin weight.

I use tow rex wheel chokes from trailer.com. I bought 2 chocks and 3 mounting kits. I can load 1 or 2 by moving the chocks around. Carpet covers the screw mounts when not used. Don't know they're there.
2013 Ultra Classic
2002 Heritage Springer
Major105bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:44 AM   #29
rcbufalino

To BlueknightWI
As far as your question regarding how they treat you. I purchased my 2012 Fuzion 412 from them. I have no issues with them as they treated us very well. As far as pricing goes they were great far below anyone else. I would definitly buy from them again. On the downside the only issue you would have is to find a local dealer that's willing to work with as if you bought it from them. some dealers are great & some not so. Good luck
2014 Yamaha Stratoliner (His)
2014 Yamaha Stratoliner (Her)
1999 Yamaha Venture Royal Star
:USA2
rcbufalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:42 PM   #30
BlueknightWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbufalino View Post
To BlueknightWI
As far as your question regarding how they treat you. I purchased my 2012 Fuzion 412 from them. I have no issues with them as they treated us very well. As far as pricing goes they were great far below anyone else. I would definitly buy from them again. On the downside the only issue you would have is to find a local dealer that's willing to work with as if you bought it from them. some dealers are great & some not so. Good luck
Which outfit did you buy from? Lakeshore RV or All Seasons RV?
Glad to hear you say what I was hoping, from my conversations with the guy over there.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:50 PM   #31
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueknightWI View Post
I'm new to the forum. Thanks for the add. My wife and I are looking into buying a new Keystone Impact 311 Toy Hauler. I intend to tow it with my 2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax 6.6. My son in law says I should add air bags. I'm just wondering it someone with experience feels I can tow this, loaded with two Harley Ultra Limiteds inside? Normally I would use this just with our Limited, but occasionally would have another couple along. Also, what do folks use for front wheel chocks? I want something that isn't in the way when camping. We are buying the Super Glide for the universal rails.
I'm picking up a 2015 Impact 311 Wednesday. I have 2012 durmax 2500 pay load is 2800 lb, tell me if im wrong when I load my 900 lb Harley and 400 lb of gear in the garage wont that lower the pin weight? I loaded the 311 at the dealer and my Durmax sat perfect with very little squatting down.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:31 PM   #32
roadglide

I loaded my 311 Impact 5w toy hauler up with 2400 lbs that's the Harley and gear in the garage 110 gallons of water full gas toys tank and took for 5 day trip . I stopped at petro and weighed on the cat scale. I was 20 lbs over on the truck which is 6220 for the 2012 duramax LTZ Z71 CC . I'm going to get Firestone air bags . The duramax truck is fine pulling the 21720 GVW . My LML is legal up to 24500 towing GVW. The Drive axle and pin weight is where Rv owners get into trouble which is 6200 LBs for mine.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:31 AM   #33
BlueknightWI

Ours is in! They have ordered slide toppers to be put on it. Once that is done, we can go bring it home! So excited to get this unit out and put it to use. I installed the Air Lift Air bag system, and a PullRite Superglide isr2700 16K hitch. I think we will be just fine. Now, I would like to have about a 40 gallon fuel tank, instead of the 26 gallon one. But then again, that is more weight yet. Camping season is literally upon us, and we cannot wait.