Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2015, 12:19 AM   #1
x50v

Smile Saved by Johnathon

I purchased a new 2014 295RL Avalanche, from a dealer over 5 hours from my home (Local dealers did not have one).

We drove it home from the dealer, while backing into my driveway my wife heard a noise in one of the wheels. I jacked up the RV and spun the wheel and heard parts rolling around inside (safety hazard). I called the local authorized dealer ( Pacific Coast RV ) in Lompoc, Ca and they said since I did not buy it from them, they would not perform any warranty work. I then called another authorized dealer (Trailer Hitch RV located in NIPOMO, California) and they also said they would not perform any warranty work on an RV not purchased from them. I then called Sky River RV in Pismo Beach CA, they said they would perform warranty work, but they only had an opening in about 2 months, I took the appointment. I then called Dexter the axle manufacturer and they said I had to go through Keystone. I called Keystone and luckily got Johnathon Watkins. He called both local dealers but was also refused service. He worked his magic and got a company to fix my RV. Johnathon was very concerned, very friendly and extremely helpful. He said it was not right for me to have bought a new RV and not be able to use it until two months after purchase due to a safety failure in the RV. Johnathon has made a very good name for Keystone RV, and represents how all companies should treat their customers. I can't say enough about how helpful he was.
x50v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:00 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Wow! I'm working with Jonathan right now on some warranty issues and he IS very helpful. Kudos to Jonathan and Keystone.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote