Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2014, 06:11 AM   #1
Topofficial

Cool Water Pump Location

I have a 2011 Cougar E-Lite. I can't find out where the water pump is located so I can winterize the trailer. Can anyone give me guidance?
Topofficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:54 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

One easy way is to put water in the fresh tank so you don't burn the pump out. Then just turn on a faucet and "follow the noise". Under the kitchen sink is popular, also any place that is accessible and just above the fresh tank. You will have to remove a panel to get to the pump, so have a square drive #2 driver handy.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:29 AM   #3
Quibley

Water Pump location

I have a cougar X lite 2012. the pump for me is under a panel on the left side of the Bed. you have to extend the closet out and lift the mattress up like you were getting at the storage, then pull the carpet/panel up and there it is. My hose was a little too short to actually fit the bottle so i bought a new one and added it. don't forget to bypass your hot water tank before you start pumping the pink stuff.
Quibley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:01 AM   #4
jodrey

In my 276, you must remove the drayer under the sink in the kitchen.

Ram 3500 DRW 2015
Cougar 276 2007
jodrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:42 AM   #5
Bobatlake

Cool

I am also have a hard time trying to locate the bypass to add anti freeze, I found the pump following the noise, but cannot find the bypass valve, anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Trailer is a Keystone, outback terrain, model 273TRL
Bobatlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:06 AM   #6
Festus2
Site Team

The bypass valve is usually located at or near the back of the HW tank. If you can access the rear of the tank, look for it in that vicinity.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:09 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobatlake View Post
I am also have a hard time trying to locate the bypass to add anti freeze, I found the pump following the noise, but cannot find the bypass valve, anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Trailer is a Keystone, outback terrain, model 273TRL
If you're looking for the Hot Water Heater bypass, it is on the cold water input to the rear of the hot water heater. If you are looking for the bypass adapter to install antifreeze in your RV water lines, there probably isn't a "bypass valve" permanently attached. That comes on some models, but not most. What you'll need to do is lift the locking tab on the water pump input fitting, pull straight out and then install a "similar fitting" with a clear hose on it. Insert that clear hose into a gallon jug of antifreeze and turn the water pump on. As you open faucets, the pump will draw antifreeze from the bottle and into the lines. This will also remove the vacuum and allow the water that was in the supply line from the fresh water tank to drain back into the tank, clearing that line of water. There is no need to instill antifreeze in that supply line.

Your RV probably did NOT come with an antifreeze fitting or clear hose. You can buy one at any RV service department. You'll need a "FloJet 90* elbow and the number of feet of clear hose that you wish to use. Most people use around 3 or 4 feet. You'll need enough to go from the pump to the antifreeze jug.

Here's a picture a member posted of what he bought to accomplish this task.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FLOJET FITTING FOR ANTIFREEZE.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	7323  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:32 PM   #8
djkrs2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quibley View Post
I have a cougar X lite 2012. the pump for me is under a panel on the left side of the Bed. you have to extend the closet out and lift the mattress up like you were getting at the storage, then pull the carpet/panel up and there it is. My hose was a little too short to actually fit the bottle so i bought a new one and added it. don't forget to bypass your hot water tank before you start pumping the pink stuff.
I believe mine is in a similar place but I can't see how to access it. I don't have a closet but next to the bed, on both sides, is a shelf that goes over the pass through storage at the front. On the street side there is an additional "box" covered in carpet. It sounds like the pump is there. I took out one screw from the top of the box, next to the end of the shelf and one from inside the under bed storage but still couldn't get it to move. Do you know how this may come off?

Thanks.

2012 Cougar 27RL
2011 F-150 Lariat 4x4 3.6L Eco-Boost
djkrs2 is offline   Reply With Quote