Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2014, 11:29 AM   #1
bexparza

Laredo 314 RE

My wife and I are seriously looking at a Laredo 314 RE Travel Trailer. Does anyone have any useful comments on this trailer or the Laredo Line of trailers? Any comments would be appreciated.
bexparza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 07:53 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Hopefully you'll get the information your looking for.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:06 AM   #3
Wally15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexparza View Post
My wife and I are seriously looking at a Laredo 314 RE Travel Trailer. Does anyone have any useful comments on this trailer or the Laredo Line of trailers? Any comments would be appreciated.
Welcome to the forum. We have a 2013 308RE Laredo, which is very close to the 314 you're considering. I actually like the 314 floor plan better than my 308, esp. the queen slide (vs the 308 closet slide) and the additional floor space that creates in the rest of the TT. If we ever upgrade, that's a "must have".
We are very happy with our Laredo; only had a few minor problems that I corrected myself. It's never been back to the dealer for any reason.
We don't do a lot of traveling, this is primarily our "summer beach house" in the Florida Panhandle. Has less than 1,000 miles on it after 18 months. But it tows fine behind my 2500, I have a w/d hitch but don't even use it for the 200 mile trips we normally take.
Options I consider essential:
1) 50 amp service
2) 2 a/c's (AZ is hotter than FL but without the humidity - duh!).

I do wish I had gotten the outdoor kitchen, but the hot and humid evenings where we camp made it difficult to cost justify.

We looked at several other brands and styles of trailers. In our price range, the Keystone lineup seemed to have the best floor plans that met my quality-option-price ratio. And, so far, I have had no reason to regret my decision or purchase.
Even better, the DW really likes it. And, according to her, she's very discriminating in everything except husbands.
Enjoy whatever you decide to buy.
2013 Laredo 308RE TT
'06 Ram 2500 CTD AT
S GA

Wally15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:47 AM   #4
wayfun

We looked at the 314RE and seriously considered it. The deal breaker for us was the entertainment center being 90 degrees to the chairs. We didn't want to constantly have our heads turned sideways to watch tv. We settled on a 322RL and have been very happy with it. I do like the 314 bedroom better but felt we needed the living area more. I agree with Wally on the need for the second AC. Just make sure it is tied in to the overhead ducts. Mine wasn't and I corrected that myself.
wayfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:08 PM   #5
denverpilot

Laredo 314 RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfun View Post
We looked at the 314RE and seriously considered it. The deal breaker for us was the entertainment center being 90 degrees to the chairs. We didn't want to constantly have our heads turned sideways to watch tv. We settled on a 322RL and have been very happy with it. I do like the 314 bedroom better but felt we needed the living area more. I agree with Wally on the need for the second AC. Just make sure it is tied in to the overhead ducts. Mine wasn't and I corrected that myself.

Just for others who may think this is a problem (even though you've already made your choice)...

The TV is installed on an articulation mount that can be turned left or right after its pulled away from the wall. At least it is in our 312RE. Also the chairs aren't fixed, so we pull them out and angle them a bit.

It's just the two of us and no one sitting on the couch opposite, but if one of us decides to lie on the couch we just pull the front most chair out more and turn it.

The downside to this setup for the TV is, even with the travel strap on, it can stay a little "cocked" and if you weren't paying attention bringing the slides in, you can catch the TV edge with a slide and rip the whole thing off the wall. I *almost* did that once and saw it start and stopped the slide immediately.

Honestly, same thing can happen with the rear cabinet doors and drawers and our dealer warned us about making sure those are fully closed before bringing the slide in, and to watch carefully. It was that warning that had me watching when the TV got "mildly pushed on". (The mount articulated away from the moving slide and kept itself from damage, but a couple more inches I would have heard screws ripping out of the wall..).

Anyway, just sharing. The stock photos make the TV look fixed flat against the wall. It's not. It'll pivot to point at you.