Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #1
Ayotte

connections to tanks

We have a 2012 Cougar Xlite 26sab. Will have to do some work on black tank. Can any one tell me how the toilet pipe and the vent pipe are connected to the top of the tanks. Surely they are not glued in!!!! Thanks
Ayotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:23 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

On my 27RKS, the threaded fitting is glued into the tank, the toilet run is threaded onto that fitting. Because of the angled run up to the toilet, the only way to separate the two is to cut the 3" PVC run from the toilet where it screws into the tank. Easy to do, but you'll need either a 3" rubber collar or a 3" PVC union to put it back together again.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Once you get the toilet off, you can take the floor flange off. That should give you enough room to see if the toilet pipe is glued or pressed into a rubber collar. Vents are a different story. If you can take the vent cap off, and there is enough pipe sticking out, you can try pulling up. If you encounter very much resistance, odds are it's glued in (more common than not).

You might end up having to open up a wall to access the vent pipe, but once you cut it, a union and some abs glue will make good as new.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:50 AM   #4
Ayotte

I can access both pipes through the basement of the fifth wheel. Just wondering how they connected to the tank as when the tank gets full I have water coming out the bottom of the camper. Thinking that I have a loose connection. Or I have a leak in the top of my tank. Only leaks when the tank is right full and coming up pipe that leads to the toilet. Thanks.
Ayotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:00 AM   #5
Poppy's 5th Wheel

I just replaced my black tank and both the toilet and the vent pipes were cemented into the tank and at every joint. No rubber grommets, slip fit or threaded connections. It makes it a PIA. When I reassembled I tried to use rubber grommets in the tank but had a real problem getting the pipes pushed securely into the grommets. I ended up using a rubber grommet for the vent but went back to cemented fitting for the toilet connection.
2007 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison CC 4x4
2007 Corvette Z51
2009 Cadillac CTS
Poppy's 5th Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote