Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2015, 01:36 AM   #21
14george

Quote:
Originally Posted by takpak View Post
On our 2014 3725, it was a known problem with the closet doors coming loose when bouncing down the road. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention until we had ours come off. One laid down across the bed, and all the stops broke. They were secured to each other, but they had enough play to allow them to bang side to side, even when tied together. Repaired damage (slight, fortunately) and then installed my own system. It consists of a couple of stout bungee cords, with hooks inside and outside the doors, and we secure them open while travelling. No problems since.

The doors had a nice solid metal hasp to lock them together, but nothing at each end to keep them from moving back and forth, about an inch each way. Enough to do damage and come off track.
Thank You for your service.
Navy 1980-1984
Old 03-28-2015, 08:14 AM   #22
mazboy123

many of the 2013-14 models of the montanas had a problem with the clips at the top holding the closet doors being only plastic. the company changed the door style on us. you can find a metal replacement clip on the internet if you search enough.

in later models montana changed the system which corrected the problem.
mazboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:19 PM   #23
Barbell

Finally got around to fixing the closet door problem, I hope. I found sliding door hardware at Home Depot made by Everbilt. It consists of two tracks made into one piece of metal with hangers for the doors included. The hangers mount on the inside at the top of each door. Two four ft sets are required because the eight ft set only has hangers for two doors. The two shorter sets cost the same as the longer one; you get eight ft of track and hangers for four doors.

I removed the doors and old track and took the old hangers off the top of the doors. Be careful handling the old track; it was installed with self-tapping screws that cut through the metal without drilling holes. This leaves very sharp edges where the screws cut threw the metal.
Don't follow the directions on which hanger to mount to which door. These HD sets are made for residential closet doors. On our system, the two outer doors are in front and the inner doors slide behind them. That means you reverse what the directions say as to mounting hangers.

After mounting the new track and the hangers, the doors are installed by tilting them inside the closet to get the hanger wheels into their track. Then the existing lower brackets are afixed to the existing lower track. The only modification I made was to cut about two inches off the top of the slat on the inner doors that catches the outer door to make them close together. Unless you do that, the slat catches the hanger on the outer door and they won't open properly. Finally, I put a screw in the middle of each track to act as a stop to keep the doors from sliding past the midpoint when closing them.

This setup is the closest I have found to what Keystone is now using on these doors. Haven't been on the road yet so I can't say how well it will hold up. Sent a copy of my invoice and my time to [email protected] for reimbursement; about $68.00. Not holding my breath until the check comes though.
Barbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:32 AM   #24
Barbell

Finally got the last word from Keystone on my closet door repair. It seems that the person who authorized the repair previously described is "no longer with the company". Even though I have his email, he apparently made no notation in their file, so no dice. Customer relations mgr says that we are out of warranty but will pay if we can prove to them why they should reimburse for the repair. I am not spending any more time trying to make a case to Keystone. On the good news side, we have pulled the rig around 6-700 miles since the fix and everything seems to stay in place.
Barbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:31 AM   #25
mazboy123

i'd still pursue the cost...montana DOES pay for out of warranty services.

money is money
mazboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote