Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
dfennell

Question Holding tank valve replacement Raptor 3612DS

My wife and I purchased a used 2006 Raptor 3612DS, We use it alot and love the trailer. Recently I've noticed that the main gray and black holding tank dump valves are starting to get hard to pull open and push closed. I did some investigation and found that there is a long cable running from the side of the trailer to the acctual valves that are about in the middle of the trailer. Does anyone have any pointers on replacing them? My biggest question is how to repair the one peace plastic cardboard stuff that covers the whole bottom of the trailer. I don't want to just duck tape it as I know the wind will eventually peal it off and the bottom has to be removed or cut to gain access to the valves. Any ideas? Also does anyone know if the DrainMaster electric valves will fit?

Thanks for any help here.
Darin
dfennell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Darin:
If you are going to cut the Coroplast underbelly to gain access to the drain valves and are looking at repairing it afterwards, have you considered buying another sheet or sheets of the same material and laying it over the the section that you made your cuts? You can drill new screw holes or try to line up with the existing screws/holes. I think these screws are long enough to accept a double layer of the 1/4 in Coroplast. You can buy this stuff at Home Depot or other building suppliers.
I have had trouble with one of the long-handled pulls. Went to pull the grey tank (galley) handle and ended up with it in my hand. The whole thing - handle and rod - came out of the main drain pull. The rod has threads at the far end that screw into ???? on the main valve. Can't really see it but managed to thread it back on after putting some Lock Tite on it. Certainly not the sturdiest mechanism around and far too inaccessible! On another occasion, just the handle came off. I have learned to be very gentle when pulling and pushing on these drain tank dump rods/handles.
Not sure about the DrainMaster Electric Valves whether or not they will fit.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
hoffbrew

What did you end up doing on this issue? Mine is doing the same.
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
(Reserved for new trailer)
hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:31 AM   #4
BigCajun

Check out the For Sale section, I have two 12v Auto-Drain valves for sale. New never installed. Was going to use them on my old camper, but upgraded before I could install them.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
hoffbrew

Do you have a brand and part number on this unit, I would like to look this up.
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
(Reserved for new trailer)
hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:58 AM   #6
BigCajun

Auto Drain 2 for 3 inch valves. Box says that no plumbing changes needed. Rocker on/off switch included.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	08-09-10 020.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	214