Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
Rosie3

Laredo 266RL -question

We are thinking of buying a used 2010 Laredo 266RL. Question - the side walls exterior feel strong and laminated but the rear wall can be pushed in as if it has air in between. We have had it checked for leaks but there is no evidence of water inside or out. Does anyone know about the construction. One person told us it was a "hung wall". Also, we like the layout but there is no cutlery drawer? Seems odd. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Rosie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:03 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

The rear wall is not the same construction as the sides and is not "glued" down throughout its entire surface. There will be less flexing near the window, lights and edges but the rest of it is actually "floating" and not fastened to anything. This is quite normal and not cause for concern.

Can't help you with the cutlery drawer. I can only suggest that you buy a cutlery "tray" and place it in one of your other shallow drawers and call it a "cutlery drawer". The lack of this drawer may be a nuisance but I'm sure you'll figure out something to make it less annoying since you seem to like the rest of the Laredo.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
KanTC

Roise3,
We had a 2010 Laredo 265RL -- the same living/dining arrangement as the 266RL, although the 265RL does not have the bed slide.
You're correct, there is no specific "cutlery drawer". As Festus2 suggested, you can add a small cutlery tray to one of the
existing drawers. The drawers are deep enough that we used 2-tier/stackable cutlery trays & it worked well. There is also a
large open shelf area under the kitchen/galley sink -and- the pantry if you need additional storage.

I use an inexpensive restaurant-style metal pitcher to hold cooking/grilling utensils. Easy to carry outdoors & non-breakable.
Here's an example: http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/.../p1515657.aspx

ON EDIT: I deleted your duplicate post in the "Prospective Owners" section... typically you'll only get identical replies to a duplicate post.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:56 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

4 trailers here since '89, two Fleetwood, one Jayco and now a'12 Copper Canyon. None had a dedicated cutlery drawer.

I prefer it that way, as you can put the tray in the drawer and other oddball stuff on the side.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:49 AM   #5
Jeanibean

I have a Laredo 266 RL same year 2010....we purchased it used in 2012. We absolutely love our unit. We have had no big issues so far and love the layout and 2 slides. The big window in the back is the best...back up to a lake and you are in heaven.
Jeanibean is offline   Reply With Quote