Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2014, 05:39 AM   #1
suebboxer

looking for feedback on Passport Grand Touring trailer

morning all new to the forum.
wondering if anybody has experience or knowledge about the 2510RB. found a 2014 model at a great price but need some feedback
before we make decision
thanks[emoji1] sue r
suebboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:42 AM   #2
scott24

We just bought a 2015 Passport 2250RB, love it!!
Old 10-26-2014, 05:47 AM   #3
suebboxer

anything good or bad or any bugs that you've run into? i would assume there is a chance with any new trailer of running into small problems. anything to watch out for?
Old 10-26-2014, 05:58 AM   #4
scott24

Only bad part was we got it about a month ago... lol. Put it in storage yesterday. No problems so far. Camped one night when the temps got down to low 40's and really windy. Stayed comfy, no air leaks on any windows and doors.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:27 AM   #5
suebboxer

it's always a sad day when have to winterize isn't it. our current trailer is 23 years old. time for an upgrade.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:44 AM   #6
86GT2r

We have a '12 2650BH that we bought in June 2011. We have not had any issues with it. We have taken it from IL to WY & back, as well as from IL to IN, up thru MI and back down thru WI back to IL. We also use it for shorter weekend camping. I would buy another if something happened to it.
Inspect the one you are considering closely for any issues as it could have been sitting on the dealers lot for up to 18 months already. Good luck and have fun with it!
---------------------
86GT2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:54 PM   #7
lspajm

I have a 2011 3220bh gt. We love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 Ford F-250 Diesel FX4, Crew Cab, 6.5 ft bed
lspajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:14 AM   #8
suebboxer

thank you all for the feedback.
we will be calling the dealer today.
happy camping
Old 11-30-2014, 12:08 PM   #9
flatlander

We have the Passport 2510RB and really like the floorplan as it is just the two of us, no kids anymore. Have found two issues with the trailer: 1) the dinette table is not square like the dinette space so when one tries converting the dinette into a bed it won't work, the table does not fit and you will tumble on the floor if you put any weight on it, and 2) I do not see that the stove hood fan is vented outside so that the cooking vapors just get recirculated back into the kitchen. Correct me if I am wrong on the stove vent as I have not looked up on the roof to see if it vents out there. Would appreciate it if you would let me know if your dinette table was built incorrectly. Other than those two beefs we like the camper so far.
flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #10
bmach

I have a 2014 2510 and it has been great. No problems at all (hope I did not jinks myself), the dinette converts the way should also. Slept 4 adults and 3 kids one night and it was fine. The slide out is what makes it nice as far as my wife and I are concerned. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Just a heads up the roof is non walkable.

And yes the range hood is not vented to the outside. Seems a lot of trailers are not vented to the outside.
bmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:59 AM   #11
Justvisiting2day

Feed back on grand touring

WE puchased a 13' last aug, was like new.. ha like used. went through wy,co. ok, and TX for winter temps 07--12degs. all was ok after we first hit the cold (first of NOV) in ID I started draining water real quick. lost the water pump. whew?

That crap they put on the high ways is not a beauty cream. Power washed here in TX and now is not too awful bad of shape.

Happy Holidays
US
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3634.JPG
Views:	551
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	7527  
Justvisiting2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:58 AM   #12
notanlines

There are many videos to be found online telling how to change your ventahood to vent outside. Not exactly a five minute job, but also generally not very complicated.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:41 PM   #13
robo

We love our passport.
We started to mod it

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17704
robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:49 PM   #14
Tony and Charlotte

This is our first post Joined the forum today while looking for info on taking care of the slide out seals.

We have a 2013 2510RB that we bought to live in last summer for 3 months when moving. Just the two of us and our 2 dogs - plenty of room. We always wanted a travel trailer and hotel rooms were not the answer on our cross country move.

We have never put the dining table down but it has a slight lean that the dealer said is normal. Maybe one day we will modify it but for now it works.

The only issue we have had was with the bulbs in the light fixtures getting hot. The fixture over the sink actually "melted" were the toggle was after living in the tt for 5 weeks. Looked at the rest of the fixtures and the backplate in all of them was actually darkened from the heat of the bulbs. Changed the kitchen sink fixture with a new replacement from Keystone and every bulb in the tt was replaced with LED. No problem since. Keystone said they knew of the problem with the bulbs.....

We love our Passport and are looking forward to more adventures.
2007 GMC Sierra Crewcab 1500
2103 Passport Grand Touring 2510RB
Tony and Charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:37 PM   #15
B&T

Just after we got it, I noted the lack of any ventilation in the light fixtures in our passport. I slid open each of the clear covers on each fixture about 1/8inch to allow some air circulation and have not had any overheating problems.
2003 R-Vision Traillite
B&T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 01:16 PM   #16
Cutworm

Some Things you should know.

Finding things out little by little.
You are not supposed to go on the roof. I asked how to clean it and they said a ladder with a long brush. So I replied how do I check and seal the joints from a ladder. They replied that I needed to use a 3' piece of plywood with carpet on one side to stand on.
I asked a few days ago about a bumper mount to haul a couple of bicycles and they replied that it would void the warranty on the frame.
Now I'm wondering what I can't do next....
It doesn't mention any of this in the owners manual and I think Keystone should make any limitations more transparent. If I had known this I would probably not purchased mine.

All of that said it pulls well and so far only one trip to the service center. The air conditioner was cutting on and off about once a minute. Took it in and they found a problem but the weather turned cold and I haven't confirmed the repair.

Bought it in September. Took it to FL for a week and had to winterize - early winter.
Cutworm is offline   Reply With Quote